Thursday, December 25, 2008

I know, I'm behind....

First of all, MERRY MERRY Christmas to all of blogland! I must say, we at the Beaver Dam feel a whole new kind of "merry" this year. I pray you all have a great season with family and friends, worshipping our Savior. I will have fun Christmas pictures soon, but now I have to update on the homecoming of our Brooklyn. I am behind for all those "newborn" reasons... no sleep, takes 2 hours to eat, pump after, try to sleep, have to wake up and start all over again... yeah, fun. :) But it is better at home than the hospital!!!!
~
Here is our Reagan "building a bear" to take to the hospital to Brooklyn.
She and Adley both have bunnies from when they were born, so B gets one too.
"Ta-da!"
First time for B to snuggle with her Aunt Mary.
And first with Grandmommy. First of millions of kisses from her I'm sure!
R really does love her. Makes my heart hurt!
Turbo's first time to hold her too. We loved NICU 2!!
Little snuggle time with Mommy too.
Love these lips!
We got the call on the 19th that she was going home that day! We had asked for days when it would be, and they just kept saying "soon." But we had no idea! So, that day was beyond hectic getting all her consults and everything cleared. We were there forever and didn't come home until after 8:00pm. But it was worth it! Here she is passing her car seat test. :) With a look that tells how much she loved it.
Putting on our own clothes for the first time!

This monkey is from Granddaddy. He said it was so she would be a climber like her sister.
All dressed, ready to go, getting one last feeding in before the ride home.
Seeya, NICU!!!
First car ride. She doesn't even remember it.
Proud Daddy carrying her inside!
Welcome home, Baby Sister!!!
"Here, Dad. Let me help you!"
Granddaddy's first time to hold her. He left for a day, then came back just in time for her to come home!

M&D have this exact picture with all 4 grandkids.
Sometimes R just has to check on her. It is so sweet. :)
This is one of my favorite pics of all time.
Adam, Missy, and the kids got here the next day. First time snugglin' with Uncle A-moo. (Reagan's name for him has kinda stuck.)
Lots of hand sanitizer in use at our house. That way the kids got to hold her too. I love Adley's bedhead in this one!
Sweet Corbin can't get enough of her!
B got LOTS of lovin' from Aunt Missy. She took some night shifts for me so I could sleep. God bless her.
See?? I can't sleep while touching anyone, even a baby. Missy can. Greatness.
Grandmommy gave R her first bath at home too. We have to still sponge bathe her until we get stitches out next week... we hope. But she did great!

Cutie!!!
All clean and zonked out.
She is a great eater and sleeper... once she decides to eat. Nursing a kid who is used to being bottled fed in the NICU is proving to be quite a challenge, but we're hanging in there. We did have to learn to do catheters on her, 3 times a day. But we're pros now! Hopefully that will be short lived, but it is no big deal. Having her here is just so great... hope I can sing the same tune when I am by myself and David goes back to work in a week or two!!! But for now, we are just so thankful she is doing so great. Thank you all for your continued support and prayers... I will try to update more often!!! Love to all, and again, Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!

15 comments:

Alli said...

Merry Christmas to all of you!

I loved each and every picture. She is a beautiful baby! I pray that she takes to nursing soon, for your sanity! :)

Tracy said...

What a great post!!! I love all of the pics, especially the one of all 4 of yall (the one that you said is now your favorite)! I'm so glad all of yall were under the same roof for Christmas! :)

The Speck family said...

What a precious, precious little newborn angel~ congratulations that you have that sweet baby girl HOME. You all look so incredibly happ! Much love, Kelly S.

Unknown said...

YIPPEE! BHBeaver updates! :) I think B looks like R in that last photo. :) Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update. I've been checking back multiple times a day.

Jen Mall said...

Ohhh! I would love to lather up with some sanitizer and snuggle her too! She is beautiful! I am so glad she was home for her first Christmas!
JP

GPaty said...

I cannot even handle how PRECIOUS that baby is! She is beautiful! I have tears streaming down my face at the pure joy of the last few days for you guys! We are so happy that everyone is doing so well and will continue to pray for God to shower your sweet family with blessings! We love you!

Stacia said...

I just loved all those pictures!! She is so precious and alert. I'm so glad your family was all together for Christmas and that B got lots of snuggle time with so many family members :-)

*Kendra* said...

Love her sooo much! So glad you were all home for Christmas. I know it was great for yall!

Amy said...

I love all the pictures!! Your girls are absolutely GORGEOUS! I know you guys had a wonderful Christmas with Brooklyn home. I know it is crazy but hang in there. I'm right there with ya on the whole feeding taking forever, pumping, sleeping and doing it all again and again. It is exhausting so know that I am especially praying about that for you because it is very hard. I think about you all the time and we're still praying for all of you. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow...this tells you how familar I am with blogging, I just now saw that I could comment on your posts.

She is SO beautiful!! I am so happy that she is doing so well and home with you all for the Holidays!!Q

Mauri said...

What a wonderful Christmas present to have your sweet girl home with you! Love you guys!

ali said...

It is such an encouragement to see how well Brooklyn is doing. She's adorable!!

annalee said...

what wonderful news! i don't know you guys personally but was honored to be able to pray for your sweet daughter and your family. may God's blessings continue to pour on you!

Alli said...

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! I am so glad to see your sweet girl at home with you. She is just beautiful! I hope you get some good sleep soon. Love you!