Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Best Birthday Present Ever

I am exhausted. So this has to be short so I can go to bed. But I couldn't sleep without letting everyone know about our fabulous day. I have been telling God "thank you" all day, and I can't say it to Him enough for our great great day.

First of all, official results on Brooklyn's echo came today, and they were "within normal limits." So, looks like no heart murmur issue. Fabulous news. Fabulous news. Then... the opthomology doctor came by for a consult that we didn't know was going to happen. He said he had been informed of the possibility of optic nerve dysplacia in Brooklyn, and that he could check that out now for us and tell us yes or no on it. The test did not show functionality, how great eyesight could be, just if the nerves were present and in the right place. The early MRI had shown that she was either at risk for the nerves actually not being there or being displaced. Blah blah blah.... anyways. We have all been praying for months now about this, and got our fabulous answer today. I can't even type this without crying! The doctor said everything was perfect. Our girl can see. Poor baby had to go through a horrible exam... they pried open her eye sockets and moved her eyeball all around while shining big lights and magnifying glass in her eyes. But, it didn't last long, and now we get our answer that yes, her nerves and eyes are perfect. I can't thank God enough for this news, but I will spend my entire life thanking Him for it.

More updates tomorrow. She is tube free... just has wires for the monitors now. Her feedings are going great, her incisions are healing great, they've already started talking about scheduling our car seat "training" so we can take her home. Seriously, best birthday ever. :) Please join me in praising our Lord for His wonderful gifts!!!!!

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re: "Please join me in praising our Lord for His wonderful gifts!!!!!"

No problem! Praise the Lord for phenomenal gifts.

Jen Mall said...

I can't read without crying!!!! Soooooooooo happy!!!
JP

Damon and Amy said...

I am crying too! God is good!

Kendra said...

WOW! That's all I can say right now! This is awesome news!

Happy Birthday!

Being a Star said...

What a Awesome GOD!! I am with Jen I couldn't read without crying...what a great Birthday present.

Erin Isbell said...

Jodi,Dave Reagan and BROOKLYN,

What wonderful news for all of you over the last several days prayers do work and Brooklyn has people all over the USA praying for her. God will continue to hold her hand through this journey of hers.
Thanks so much for keeping us up to date hope to see all of you soon!!!
Lots of love Erin

Amber said...

Fantastic!!!!

Krystal said...

Jodi, I haven't commented yet, so first off a huge congratulations on Brookly's safe arrival. She is just beautiful, and thank you for posting all the pictures. What wonderful news on her eyes! Our God is GREAT! Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas!!! We'll continue to pray that her little body keeps healing well.

Brandi said...

Crying tears of joy for your wonderful news! Praise God!!

Rachel said...

Hallelujah! and Happy Birthday! Love y'all so much and I'm so happy for that news.

Andrea said...

Jodi, Thanks for the update!! What wonderful news and answered prayer. AWESOME!!!! Saw your dad last night, is what great to get your good news from him. He was beaming! What a wonderful God we have!!! Love you, Andrea Trout

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alli said...

Many, many tears streaming over your amazing news! Jason just asked me last night if you had given any information on her sight...praise God!!

Mandy said...

I'm so happy for you and your family! I hope you have a wonderful holiday. Happy Happy Birthday!

Marcia said...

Great great great news!!!!!!

Unknown said...

We are so excited for y'all. I'm glad she's doing so well!

Hollie Reese said...

SO happy for you!!! God is so good!

Happy Birthday

Mauri said...

Tears of joy for you my friend! Love you!

Carolyn said...

Thank you Lord. And Happy Birthday Jodi!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Tears of joy streaming! Praising God from whom all blessings flow! Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

I don't even know you guys and I'm crying! Praise God! (this is James' assistant by the way :))

Alicia said...

YAHOOOOO! I already knew all this but it is still exciting to read and hear again. :)

Tracy said...

I guess we are all crying!!

Jodi, that is GREAT news!!! Man, Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas! Right?! :)

God heard all of our prayers and answered "yes" to what we have asked of him.

I love good news :)

linda ford said...

We are so thankful that Brooklyn's little eyes are going to be ok. I watched the triplets have that test two different times. It is awful...but when you get those great results, it's all worth it.

We are thanking God right now for this answered prayer.

Love, Linda

Unknown said...

Jodi, Dave, Reagan and Brooklyn! What amazing news! God is Good!! We have all been praying and He has been answering!
Lindsay

Krystal Cummins said...

Oh Jody, that is such great news. Reading about her eyesight made me cry. I am so happy for her.

Jennifer K said...

What wonderful news! We continue to pray!

Alli said...

Your girl really is beautiful...it's not just because you're the mommy. I love her sweet little face. Praise God for all the good reports!

LOVE the shot in the last post of Reagan "pumping" for her baby!!

Happy Birthday - love you!

Anonymous said...

Jodi, What geat news! Thanks be to God for answering many many prayers. And of course I was crying too, just reading about it. Have a wonderful and happy Christmas. I love you all.
Granner

Anonymous said...

God is ALWAYS in control Merry Christmas

The Gary Lowrey Family

The Timberframer's Wife said...

So wonderful!