Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thursday Update

Hello all! It's been a long day today... not for any particular reason other than we are tired of being "in" the hospital. I should be discharged tomorrow, so we are looking forward to that... especially Reagan. :) I know the driving back and forth to see B will have its own challenges, but at least I can sleep in my own bed and be home with my Reagan! But for those that have asked about me, I am doing great. Couldn't ask for more. Just a little sore, but NOTHING like I was with Reagan's csection.

We just got back upstairs from saying good night to Brooklyn. She is just so darn precious, it is hard to leave her down there!! But, she looked really comfy. Even without having any feedings, she has gained weight and weighs 8 lbs 2 oz today!! Go B! Anyways.... Last night, she had a rough night. We found out this morning that she had 3 apnea episodes last night, where they had to bag her and help her breathe. They did say that she perked right up really fast, but it was really scary to hear that she had had that much trouble! (Mommy also did NOT like that they didn't call me! But, I am over it now.) Anyways, they are chalking it up to the morphine she was on after her surgery yesterday... that it got her so relaxed that she was "forgetting" to breathe. So, they took her off the morphine but had it ready in case she was showing signs of hurting and needing it. She didn't have any all day today, and she is on a teensy bit of oxygen just in case, thus no more breathing issues. So, much better day!! They were going to try and start feeding her today, but decided to wait on her feeds since she had the episodes. We don't know yet when they will try. Also, they didn't have us hold her either... didn't want to disturb her any more than necessary. But I did get to change her diaper! And yes, she is still having tinkle and poop diapers all by herself! Never thought I would get so excited about changing a diaper, but it was my first real "Mommy" moment with her, and it was great. :)

Sorry, this is long... but there is more. The neurosurgeons see her each morning, and they did another ultrasound of her head and tummy today. Evidently her head has swelled some... measuring a bit larger than yesterday. They are pretty certain she will be having a shunt put in, scheduled for Monday. They will keep close watch on her of course in the meantime in case it needs to be sooner than that. We were kinda disappointed with this news, but it was expected, so we're ok. They're waiting until Monday (hopefully) so that she has more recovery time between surgeries. So that is good. But the best news is that the tummy ultrasound showed that her bladder and kidneys look normal! So, it seems like she is not only able to tinkle all by herself but also empty her bladder all the way. And, there are no signs of reflux into her kidneys. This is GREAT news for her! They also were looking for the ovarian cyst (remember the golfball that was in her belly on the MRI?) and it is not seen anymore!! Wahoo!!! Thank you LORD that we are no longer even talking about that thing!!!

Thank you LORD for all this actually... so far she has gotten only either "just as expected" news or "better than anticipated" news. Can't even tell you in words how great that feels! We are still in the wait-and-see game and will be for a long time, but for now I am so peaceful with where we are. We'll be ready to get the shunt put in and have that behind us of course, so we appreciate your prayers about that especially. Seriously, this little girl is so blessed (as are her parents!) to have so much love and prayers surrounding her each day. I can just picture the angels watching over her cute little self in her waterbed!! So again, we thank you thank you thank you for your prayers. OH! And our cell reception in the hospital is non-existant. So, sorry for the calls and texts I have not returned... but thanks so much! Ok, I am off to pump and go to bed. Wait, probably didn't need to tell you that. Sorry.... Love to all!!!

PS. I'll try and put more pics up tomorrow. I'm just too tired to wait on them to load right now.

13 comments:

Amy said...

Yea for Brooklyn today! I'm so glad she is having a better day and that you are feeling good too. I'm thanking God for the good news that you have gotten and will definitely be praying about her surgery to put in the shunt. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow too as you leave the hospital and have to leave Brooklyn there. It is hard to have to leave your sweet baby behind but know that God is holding her in his arms night and day and she'll be home with you soon. We love you guys and are always praying!

The Bell's said...

All such good news!! Thankyou God! I know you are dissapointed ab shunt... but, just remember, God knows what He is ab, and it most likely will not be something that you even think ab after its over and done... That is my prayer. So, am wondering if at this point her vision tests have been normal? There are so many praying specifically for her to have sight!! Seems like good news that havent heard otherwise~~ thnkyou God! Am so thankful for your sweet family! Brooklyn is such a strong girl!! Love you, kim

Emily said...

We are thinking of and praying for you and Brooklyn all during the day. I'm glad you are feeling good- rest up though! Miss you and hope to see you all soon. Thanks for keeping us posted on the blog... Let us know if we can do anything to help, ok?

Tracy said...

I am so glad that things are going well and that you are at peace with how things stand right now! :) That must be a good feeling after months of worrying. :)

I'm sorry that she had a rough night last night :( but I'm glad that she is doing much better now. Morphine...I guess it did it's job but made her a little TOO relaxed! :)

Of course we will keep you all in our daily prayers! Have a good night's sleep!

Anonymous said...

yay Brooklyn! We'll be praying for the shunt placement.
Love the Roesers

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Miss Brooklyn is just so much in our prayers, and y'all, too. Now, I am saying this next statement with forcefulness and experience--you be careful and pace yourself after that c-section no matter how good you think you feel. Okay, that's all the forcefulness. You sure have a beautiful family!

Anonymous said...

Hugs on the worrisome night of apnea, but morphine does do strange things. Glad they were able to take her off it.

YEAH for the great news about no cyst and normal kidneys! We'll be praying for her to recouperate and for the shunt surgery Monday.

Hugs to you, David and Reagan too as you heal and then go home and resume being a family. Special prayers that all the treatment goes well and you can ALL be home together soon.

We love you!

Mauri said...

So excited to hear good news.I probably checked your blog 100 times yesterday! :) Know you are loved and prayed for constantly!

jaymie said...

Hey B,
Shunts are cool.
Love,
Kanyon

Hollee said...

Jodi...I spent many a day enjoying the diaper changing process as that was my only mommy experience. Ask if you can help when they bathe her...I loved NICU baths as that was when they were most awake. We love you guys!

Allene said...

Just returned from vacation up north. While in New York on Sunday the preacher lead the congregation in prayer for Brooklyn specifically, and especially for the family, but most of all that we would all see a miracle in this baby's life.

Thank you for sharing God's miracle by way of the blog.

Love ya and pray fervantly for each of you.

Allene

The Speck family said...

Praying, praying, praying for that sweet baby girl's surgery on Monday. Can't wait for new pics :). Love, Kelly S.

Unknown said...

Oh PRAISE GOD! I when read that B had been "going" in her diaper all by herself I wasn't sure... but when you reinforced today about her kidneys, well, I am overjoyed! That is a specific thing that has been on my heart to pray about. I love my Lord, and I love the Beavers!!!