Tuesday, December 16, 2008

MOVING DAY... and other fun Reagan stuff

These are from yesterday... sweet girl was doing lots of peeking! Just fyi, the straps you see across her are to keep her on her side without putting any pressure on her dressing on her back. The docs say it is healing on schedule. :) You can see her bump that is her shunt. It'll take some getting used to for me to see it there and not worry! But the sweet nurses saved her hair that they shaved for it so I could have it in her baby book.

Big eyes, yummy paci, and obscene gesture.
David and I got there this morning, and were greeted with great news. The director of the spina bifida clinic saw her this morning and said she looked awesome! She said from what she can see with all the movements in her legs (she is still quite the kicker, even out of my belly!), that she is probably only gonna need some braces on her ankles to walk someday! Her ankles are always flexed... they seemed to have stayed that way while I was pregnant up til now. PT will come and help us with exercises to help her relax them, but other than that, she said she seems REALLY strong... better than they would normally expect at this point. Here is Mommy happy to be snugglin' her sweet girl.
Doc also told us that they do not anticipate us having to cath her when she goes home. Seems like she is doing a good enough job in the diaper business on her own for now! They will continue to re-assess her as she grows and her bladder develops... and over the next few years we'll figure out what her body is going to decide to do in that dept. But for now, we seem good to go, and I will take it. We don't have official word on her echo of her heart today, but the tech who did the test said he didn't see anything! Yay! I'll update when we have official results, but that news was good in the meantime. Her surgeon came today as well (she saw lots of folks today!), and he said that she was looking good. He wondered why we weren't going home today! Guess he figured that since his deal was done that she should be on her way! I wish! Anyways, her incision seems to be doing great, and they turned up the flow on her shunt some to drain it at a little faster rate. It was low to get her used to it for awhile, and they used the magnet (yes, you read that right) on her head to turn the dial up to a slightly higher setting. Her fluid looked ok today, and should look even better tomorrow because of this. So, with all of that news from the doctors, her nurses said she was keeping her body temp regulated all by herself, so she got a new bed AND got to move to NICU Level 2!! That is the first and last step to going home!! She is in a regular crib with no warmer, and now just needs to heal and eat! YAY!!!! Such a great day. And can I just say... I know I am the Mommy and every Mommy says this, but isn't she just gorgeous?!?!?!
Daddy got to feed her a bottle for the first time, and she sucked it dry! Yay Brooklyn, and yay Daddy!!! :)

With a full, content tummy... thinking "Hmmmm.... wonder when I can get outta here and go home?"
And Mommy thinking "Hmmmm... wonder when I can get her outta here and take her home?" One doctor said if she eats well, maybe the end of the week!!

Here is her new bed in her new room. Her pink gorilla was from her Granddaddy, and the bear came from Santa today making the rounds. :)
I just love even watching her sleep!
So, I'll update more on what we find out tomorrow. Hopefully more great news!!
~
Ok, I am playing catch up on some Reagan pics from the last 2 weeks til now. We went a couple days before birthday to see Santa at the mall. For all you weirdos who wanted to see my huge belly, here you go. I am sure that it only looks that big because the camera wasn't totally in focus.... Anyways, R was BESIDE herself excited, and I can't blame her because I think this really is the real Santa. Here, she stopped the excitement to give me a hug. :)
Flashback 2 years ago... if we ever move, we decided we'll have to make the trip down here just to see St Nick! He is TOTALLY the real Santa!

Last year's hilarious fiasco!! Her face was so chubby!
And this year... such the big girl!!! This is her "say cheese" smile, so it is a bit unnatural, but she did so great!!! It was hilarious... she told Santa what she wanted, and did NOT understand why she wasn't going home with it! He was passing out coloring books to each kid, and she handed it back and said "no thank you, I want 2 babies and a clock." It took some convincing after she looked in his bag full of coloring books that she had to wait until Christmas for Santa to come to our house and give her her presents. Hard concept when you are two!!! We laughed so hard!

R got to help with our tree in the living room AND decorate her own tree in her room. She picked out Dora ornaments and these balls with purple lights. She was so dedicated and did all the ornaments herself....

She would look and look and look... then put it in the same spot as the last one. Her tree is covered in clusters.
But she loves it. This is the next morning after we put it up... she hugged her tree first thing.
I asked to take her picture with her tree... this was my result. :)

Tonight when we got home from the hospital, she and Grandmommy made me a birthday cake. Big day isn't until tomorrow, but she couldn't wait until then! She got to decorate this herself as well... excellent.

And it is great when Grandmommy is around because you can do no wrong, and get to lick chocolate icing off the butter knife.
Putting on the candles.... then she sang to me all by herself. So stinkin' sweet.
Someone really liked her cake. My present was given to me early so I could have my new iTouch (yay!!!!) in the hospital. Thanks again to the whole fam for that!!! R really likes it too.
And to end this eternal post... here is Reagan getting milk for her babies just like Mommy does with the pump.
Good thing she is using the bottle with the orange juice. Nice. :)
Thanks for keeping up with us! Reagan has been an absolute angel so far through all of this, and Brooklyn is on the mend more and more each day, so things are bless-ed at the Beaver household. I'll keep everyone update as much as I can. Thank you for your prayers!!!!!!!!!!!

19 comments:

Blake, Kenzie, Wyatt and Walker said...

Jodi, Brooklyn is so precious! We enjoyed looking at the new pictures. I hope yall get to go home soon. Your family is in our prayers and I know God is watching over yall. Happy Birthday to big sis! I love her picture getting milk for her babies. LOL!

Jen Mall said...

Jodi, I am thrilled with all your good news! And you are the mother, you can say what you want about how pretty your baby is. I am NOT her mother and I think she is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love "hearing" your excitement in your posts! I am praying she goes home soon! (like for Christmas!!!)
Keep hanging in there!
JP

Damon and Amy said...

Jodi, I race home everyday from work and check to see the updates on Brooklyn. What wonderful news about her strong legs. The blessings just keep coming. Cute Santa pics of Reagan too. Such sweet girls!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Well, happy birthday! I know the good reports on Brooklyn is the best present you could ask for, but I hope you have a really special day today. Y'all are sure in our prayers.

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the updates. We've been praying for you and keeping all the pee wee people updated when they ask. I'm excited to hear the doctors like what they are seeing! We check the blog constantly and are happy to hear the positive updates. When Reagan has a little kid you can show her those pictures, they're great.

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday :)

This has got to be your best post ever! I am SOOO glad that B is doing so great! She is such a trooper! You received tons of great news yesterday :) I am so happy for all of yall! Brooklyn keeps getting cuter and cuter every time I see her!

And the pics of R...greatness! I LOVE the Santa pic :) And it's so cute how she wants to feed her babies just like her mommy does!

Have a great birthday!! I look forward to more great posts :)

Marcia said...

Yeah yeah yeah!! Tears of joy!! God is GOOD!!! Your girls are way too precious!!
Happy B-day to you!!! Yeah for the i touch!! I know you will LOVE IT!!!!
Thanks for all the updates
Love ya

Anonymous said...

YAY for all the good news and thanks for the wonderful pix! We'll be praying that everyone is home together soon!

Being a Star said...

Happy Birthday! I am so glad B is doing better and better. Really cute pics of R with santa much better then marissa with santa.
I hope your able to take B home really soon.

Brandi said...

Hey Jodi - What a wonderful post to read! Love that things are going so well with Brooklyn...we continue to pray. The pics of R are so cute...love the ones at the end - when we first brought Rylee home Zachary would do the same thing...and then tell people all about it when we were out!! Hope you have a wonderful birthday!!

Mauri said...

1. Brooklyn is beautiful.
2. SOOOO Glad she is doing well and recovering quickly from all of her surgeries!
3. R cracks me up with her "pumping".
4. That is definitely the real Santa. W.O.W.
5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
6. Love you guys!

Melissa Taylor said...

I love R pumping - too funny. I am so glad you guys are doing so good...God is good.

Addison said...

Happy! Happy! Happy!!!! We are so happy for you!
And no, it's not just b/c your her mom - She is beautiful *inside and out*.
Love the pic of R pumping!!!
They watch everything -she is very blessed to watch faith in action!!!

Jennifer McClain said...

Amazing news...God is so good! I love the pics of Brooklyn, she's really beautiful!!! I pray for her to come home soon and to keep making great progress! I laughed so hard at the Reagan/Santa story!!! Too funny...and I love the tree!! She's so funny! Happy B-day!!

Life as a Spencer! said...

Those pics of Reagan "feeding" crack me up...I didn't understand why I couldn't feed my brother and sister when I was little either! Brooklyn is beautiful and I am looking forward to hearing more great news and pictures!
Crystal

Amy said...

You are right, Brooklyn is gorgeous! It makes me so happy to hear that Brooklyn is peeing, and kicking and eating and doing so well. Yea!! What a huge answer to prayer! We are constantly thinking of you guys and praying. How great would it be if Brooklyn came home this week?? I hope that happens for you guys. You all look great, I know it is emotionally and physically draining but you are doing an awesome job. Hang in there and thanks for the updates. By the way, Eva does the same thing that R does with my bottles for pumping...amazing and hilarious! Love you lots!

Alicia said...

That was a great post!!

Unknown said...

Don't you just love hearing the "H" word.....that precious baby girl is doing so amazingly! I am thrilled for you all~ she is gorgeous and I just love the pics of her....keep them coming :). Big sister is a total doll as well~ happy birthday to you!

Lacey said...

oh man! such great news! ryan and i will continue to pray that the good news keeps comin!
ryan & lacey w.