Thursday, September 28, 2006
Taking the lead from my friend Susan, I am floored that September is almost over already! So....
13 Things from the Beaver Dam in September:
1. This weekend is David's and my 10 year high school reunion. Yikes. Can't believe we are that old! Should be fun though... maybe I'll have more to report next week.
2. Labor Day weekend was our first weekend in Galveston with my parents and Adam's crew. First time for Uncle Adam to meet the baby girl. She loved him of course. I think the feeling was mutual! And my sweet Adley turned 5. Can't believe how big she is!
3. Last weekend was our second weekend in Galveston at my sister-in-law's family's beach house. Reagan didn't get to actually go to the beach this time, much to her disappointment, but she still loved it out on the deck! And loved seeing her aunts and uncles.
4. The other September weekend was our trip to Dallas for Rachel's (Roselyn's) baby shower. Reagan's first road trip! Rachel also got to stay with us a few days beforehand, which was a treasure to me!
5. Reagan started sleeping (almost) through the night! Our doctor considers a 6 hour stretch as being "though the night", so she is there I guess! She has gotten so much better in the evenings, and only wakes up for one quick feeding in the early mornings. Greatness.
6. Just realized there was another weekend in Sept... can't remember what we did...
7. UT football is in full swing, with one minor setback with stupid OSU. You pretty much know what our Saturdays consist of! Absolutely LOVE college football. Our favorite time of year. Plus, we get to occasionally see my cousin Catherine on the sidelines cheering for the Horns. Fun!
8. I started working at the PeeWee School at our church on Tues and Thurs. It is great b/c I can take the kiddo with me. Don't tell anybody, but she is by far the cutest baby there!
9. David made his TV debut on NASA TV sitting in the mission control room. I am his biggest fan! :)
10. Not so much a fan of T.O. I hate that guy! Can I get an Amen?!? He is a cancer bound to infect my Cowboys. We'll see what happens from here with his "painkillers"...
11. Reagan has learned to stand up. She no longer is content to sit in my lap anymore, she wants to stand all the time. It is apparent she is so proud of herself by the smiles on her face!
12. Oh yeah, and Gloria ate a possum. I found the head, tail, and leftover fur of a possum in our backyard. David said something else could have eaten it, but I don't know what else in our backyard would have! She is the only one back there! Doctor checked her out, she is fine. SO GROSS though!
13. As always, we continue to be blessed beyond measure, far more than we could ever ask or imagine, and far more than we deserve. God is so good to us everyday! We are thankful for a wonderful marriage, family, home, church, friends, jobs... and the list goes on!
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Friday, September 15, 2006
Thursday, September 14, 2006
As most of you know, David has a pretty cool job. Right now, as I type, he is sitting on mission control checking out the space suits for the shuttle crew in orbit. If you feel like watching from 7pm to 4 am, you might find him on NASA TV (although you may not recognize him since he wears a tie!!). Anyways, he is also training the crew for the next scheduled flight for December. One of the astronauts has gotten to be pretty good friends with David, and he asked us if we would like him to "fly" something for us. They evidently get to take a few small, lightweight things from friends and family to take in orbit and then bring home... with the sole purpose of getting to tell people it was in space! We decided on a family photo, one we could later frame with captions that say how many miles it traveled and for how many days, etc. So, here is the pic that will orbit our wonderful Mother Earth in the near future. I am curious, all you readers... what would you have chosen to "fly?" It was a hard choice, especially since it had to be small and stuff. Just wondering...
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
We found out that Reagan is quite the beach baby! In Galveston over Labor Day, she had the best weekend of her life! Seriously! I highly recommend the beach for a fussy baby. Every time she would fuss, someone in the family would take her out on the balcony overlooking the ocean (and the seawall highway) and she would instantly hush. It was amazing. Plus, she took a great nap in her playpen in the sand, then woke up and hung out with us perfectly content. She had a great time with her grandparents, aunt, uncle, and cousins. It is especially fun for me to see how Adley and Corbin adore her. :)
Friday, September 01, 2006
At 8 weeks, Reagan is getting much better at checking everything out! She is constantly looking around, getting smarter of course by the day. (sorry about the bra pad in this pic by the way!)