Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Update

We JUST now got word on Brooklyn... she evidently did not go in at 8:00 this morning like they told us originally. But, she has been in recovery for about an hour, and is doing great! David and I just got back from seeing her and meeting with the surgeons, and they said they are definitely pleased with how everything went. Her vitals are great, she is breathing room air just fine, but poor thing... she looks like she has been beat up in a fight! The tape on her face and chest irritated her skin something awful, so she looks like she has red burns on her skin. But they said it is fine and will go away. Anyways, we are SOOOOO thankful to have this behind us and have had it go so well! The nurses have also seen her kick both legs and move her feet, so that is also a great sign. All in all, we are so so so thankful to God for watching over our angel through a really rough day. We'll chat with the NICU folks soon and I will update more, but for now, thanks for the thoughts and prayers for our girl!! Here are some pics from yesterday....


This is R coming to see me for the first time yesterday. She had on her Big Sister shirt (of which I did not get a picture!) and got a Big Sister prize.
Giving Dora's baby sister a bottle...
... and Mommy some sweet kisses. :)
Mommy's chubby swollen hand holding Brooklyn's chubby swollen hand.

David and I got to spend some time with her last night. I can't wait for it to be time to take a picture of the new family of four!
Look at those lips!!

More coming as soon as I can! Thanks again for all the love, support, and prayers the last couple of days...

18 comments:

Kendra said...

Soooo thankful that you posted an update. I've been a basket-case all day. Glad she is doing okay and sooo glad you got to spend some time with her. Kiss that sweet girl for me!

Amber said...

I think they need to check their scales, there is no way she only ways 7lbs 14 oz!!!!

I'm so glad that part is done and that she has come through it ok. I just love how you keep giving us updates during all of this. We love you guys.

Anonymous said...

WOW...I have also been a basket-case all day. I kept looking back to check on her and nothing. I am so thankful she is doing well! "The power of prayer..." It is AMAZING!!!

Tracy said...

So glad to see the update and to hear that things went well!!!!! :) Love hearing that she is kicking those legs! ...you knew she was a kicker! I remember being in Houston with you watching you jump from her hard kicks! :)
Love the pictures of you and David with your newest angel. And I love the Mommy and R pics. I think that's great that you got her a big sister prize!
Can't wait for more pics and updates.
Thank you for keeping us informed :)

Hollee said...

YEAH! We are so glad to hear good news. Marlee's face didn't do well with the tape either...she had little red spots until the day we came home from NICU. You can't tell it now. :D

Lynnie said...

Thanks, Jodi. What a sweet post! Have I told you lately how much I love you and your family and how honored I am to be walking this journey with you. The Body of Christ is amazing! Thanks for including us in your life.

I love the Big Sister prize. Where do I go to sign up for one of those? (Trust me, I deserve one!) All the Cagle clan is smiling and nodding their heads in concurrence!

Still praying!

Alli said...

The big sister prize was perfect for Reagan!

A huge sigh of relief for you and David that this surgery is over and many praises to God for his guidance.

Jason said to tell you hi and he loves you!

Oh, where can I get a bed like B is on? She looks so comfy all snuggled up in it!

I love you all!

Being a Star said...

I am so glad she came throught the surgery. Pictures look great...I love the pic with mommmy and R. So sweet. Great idea for the gift. We love you guys!!

Alicia said...

Great news! What a relief it is to have that behind you now.. :) And I agree with Amber, are we sure she is only 7 lbs?? Love it!!

Ashley said...

love you! So thankful for the update and the good news. Still praying...

Alli said...

Praise God for the surgery going so well! We will continue to be in prayer for all four of you. By the way, you look great! Love you lots!!

The Brown Family said...

Jodi, Thanks for the update. Brooklyn looks fantastic. And so do you. You are a TW to the max and so is B. Still praying for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Jodi, Dave Reagan and all the family
Brooklyn is beautiful and I believe some prays were answered -
Thanks for all the pics and updates
I hope to see all of you Friday
Love Erin

The Speck family said...

That sweet baby girl is such an angel~ you can almost see her halo :). I am thrilled that her surgery went so well and I will keep praying for you guys daily. How awesome that she is breathing room air (!). Much love~ Kelly S.

Julie said...

Thank you for the update. I have worn a hole in the carpet I've been pacing so much!! Wonderful news...just wonderful news. Easton wanted to know what Noel and I were doing in the hospital? He saw the pictures of you and R and tought it was us. Too funny. Please update on how you are. You did just have major surgery too. I love you so much and really regret not being there.

Anonymous said...

Praying for yall and so glad to read that update. She is so beautiful and love those rolls! She is so wonderfully round and precious! We are praying for all four of you during this stressful time.

Marianne said...

I love Dora and her baby sister. What a neat gift for Reagan. There are lots of prayers here on Brooklyn's behalf. You must be so thankful that the surgery went well and that she is kicking and squiriming!! Keep the updates coming. Hope you are recovering well, also.

Krystal Cummins said...

I am so happy for you guys. So glad the surgery went well. Those pics are so sweet and I love that "R" sang to "B", that is the sweetest thing.