Friday, January 02, 2009

I already miss the holidays....

I am thankful that I have the "I have a newborn at home" excuse to leave my decorations up longer this year. It goes by way too fast, and taking them down always depresses me! So, it'll be awhile before I get around to that, and it is a-ok by me. So, don't judge me if you come to my house...
~
Here is a small dose (relative term) of our Christmas fun at our house. I loved having everyone here, and it helped keep us sane during NICU and our first week or so at home. R loves having family around, and she loves having presents to open. Win, win. Here are Adley and Reagan finding their piles and stockings.
I think Reagan liked Corbin's storm trooper helmet as much as he did!! Notice her princess panties on over her pj's.... nice.

The kiddos hanging out amongst the loot.
How cute are these four?!?!?!?! Love the matching pj's!
Adley showing Reagan how to work the M&M fan.
Showing Brooklyn her first baby doll!
Look closely at this fan... very cool.
Tracy, we now have VT playdoh too!!! Yay!
Hugs and thanks to Grandmommy for Pirate Larry. All things veggie were quite the hit!
Enjoying a movie with Corbin, although I am not sure why her sad face! These two LOVE each other... it is sweet beyond words.
Outside fun with Adley. Seriously, she loves her cousins so much, and misses them terribly!!
Adley and Reagan have matching NOEL shirts, Corbin's says "Christmas Rocks", and Brooklyn's says "Mommy and Daddy's best present ever." Amen.
We got the best Christmas Eve surprise EVER! Danny, Brenda, and Granner drove 5 HOURS here, just to see us and love on Brooklyn. AND they brought the most thoughtful gifts of all time. This memory will be treasured in my heart forever... I still can't believe they did it. We visited for about an hour, then they drove back home so they could have Christmas at their house the next day. Thank y'all again... and again, and again, and again...
Granner, meet Brooklyn. Brooklyn, Granner. Mom called her Jean, and I didn't know who she was talking about! I love how my friends have grandparents that claim me as "theirs." Love you, Granner!
Here is what Santa left for the girls!!! Reagan's presents were in green paper with her green stocking, and Brooklyn's were red. Santa is cool like that. I guess he had a hard time trying to wrap the baby car seat, so just decided to forget it.
R checking out the scene.
She has been asking Santa since July for "two babies and a clock (watch)." You may remember the mall Santa story?! Anyways, the big guy came through!
"Yesssssss!!!" (sorry, just realized I forgot to get out red eye on all of these pics)
Digging in the stocking.
Then the whole Beaver clan came over for a couple of days o' fun. Here's Aunt Mary sticking her tongue out at the two year old. :) Notice, R wearing the Dora watch.
R teaching Austin how her stroller works. He was SO cute in his Santa suit, and it was too darn hot to leave him in it.
The crew busted out the poker. This is Reagan's first lesson in TX Hold'em.
Scoping out the cards....
...debating her bet...
... betting big with a black.
Presents again the next morning!! R got a Madame Alexander doll from BB. It is gorgeous!
I'm so excited she is big enough to start playing games now!
Here is pretty much how she feels about opening presents!...

This toy is awesome... highly recommend it. Good choice, Mary! You write on the light up screen... great car toy at night. She loves it.
Brooklyn loved her stuff too... but was rude and slept through everything. This girl loves her bouncy seat. This Mommy loves that she loves her bouncy seat.

And here are just a few random shots of the last couple of days. R has a skill I do not have... check it out.
Again, she loves her bouncy. Check out this sleeping position though?!?! Yikes. Oh, and Reagan gave B her Purples that she rejected so long ago. So we'll try and put them to good use.
R really likes to share with Sister. A few minutes later I found her like this... guess R went and found her a toy. And yes, this kid also sleeps with her eyes open. Only the cool people can.
Sharing her Lion and patting her hiney. So sweet!
She was fussing, so R pulled up her stool so she could sit and bounce the seat.
Daddy is comfy I guess. Love that sweet face!!!
And Rach, thanks for the matching pj's!! I love pj's, and I love my girls matching in them even more!!!

That catches me up for now. David goes back to work on Monday, so don't get your hopes up for lots of posts... I'll be sleeping every spare moment I get! But, we are doing great... B is getting MUCH better at nursing, which is a HUGE praise. And she is sleeping pretty great at night too... in her bouncy. I am spoiling her with it now until she is able to lay on her back. But for now, we're good! Happy New Year everyone!

8 comments:

Tracy said...

What a great post!! :)
Yea for VT playdoh!! Man, our kids would have so much fun together. They have the same interests!! Everything VT!!
I can't beleive the Bramlett clan drove down to see yall!!! They are so sweet! I bet you were so happy to see them...and I bet it meant a lot to your parents.
Don't feel bad that you still have your Christmas decor up...mine is sitll up and I don't know when I'll take it down. It's depressing ;( So, I'll leave it up for now :)
So glad you all are doing so great!! That is good news :)

Rachel said...

PRECIOUS pictures! Some of them brought tears to my eyes. I can't wait to see your sweet girls! I may just have to come visit one days soon when my kids' noses stop running. Love y'all!

Alicia said...

Great pictures!! Looks like it was a fabulous Christmas. I wanted to ride down there with Brenda and Danny but we had our annual Christmas Eve at PF Changs with Uncle Roy and the gang. :)

Alli said...

I am pj freak!! I'm jealous you can have your kids in matching ones for so long. Not so easy with a boy and girl 3 years apart. :( And I too get super depressed taking down c'mas decorations. Brooklyn is a beautiful baby and I just loved the pics of Reagan sharing things with her. She is a great big sister!

Krystal Cummins said...

Aww, I loved seeing so many pictures of all you guys together. R & B look so happy at home together.

How awesome are Danny, Brenda, & Granner??!! That was the sweetest thing for them to drive all that way to see you. I just love them, always have, always will.

Don't feel bad about the decorations, I hate to take mine down too, I love to decorate for Christmas.

So glad the holidays were extra great for you this year!!!

The Bell's said...

How precious!! They are so sweet together... Just think of what fun there is to come!! Wait til they start driving to the mall together and stuff!! Okay, just scared myself:) Love them!! Beautiful! Kim

Marianne said...

Jodi, Spencer/Hobbs cousin here, just wanting to say PRAISE GOD for answered prayers! Looks like a wonderful Christmas for your family. Nothing sweeter than babies in pajamas. Sweet girls!

Amy said...

What sweet pictures! Your girls are just precious and it warms my heart that you had a special Christmas with Brooklyn and family. I've been thinking about you this week because I too am by myself with the girls. Crazy! So glad to hear that Brooklyn is nursing better and sleeping good. I've been praying about that so keep up the good work. Just wanted to tell you that you are loved and prayed for all the time!