Friday, September 12, 2008

Surf's Up!

FYI for all my blog readers, we are safe and sound in the Metroplex. David, Reagan and I left on Wed evening... thankfully beating all the traffic this time! Many of you may remember the travesty of our Rita evac.... Anyways, we're hanging out, watching all the CNN coverage of how our house may float away, and hoping we might get to go back home on Sunday if all ends well. Our street is right on a direct tributary to the Gulf, so I have a feeling our neighborhood is going to see some SERIOUS water. So, we'll keep you posted. But for now, we're good! If anyone wants to try surfing, evidently the waves are gonna be awesome the next couple days in Galveston......

9 comments:

Tracy said...

Good to know that yall got out of there without getting stuck in traffic!! Hopefully everything will be ok when you get back home. We'll cross our fingers :)

Mandy said...

Glad you're safe.

Alli said...

I thought you might be around here somewhere! If you get a chance, I would love to show off the babies before you go home. Love you!

Alli said...

So glad all 4 of you are safe out of Houston and didn't have to deal with that horrible traffic. I'll pray that your house is just as you left it when you get back.

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Y'all have sure been on my mind and in my prayers as Ike gets ready to land. So glad you're not there!

Krystal Cummins said...

Glad you guys are safe, I was wondering if you were coming in town or not. I'll pray that your house doesn't float away.

GPaty said...

I've been thinking about you guys. Glad to hear that you are safe and sound!

Mauri said...

So thankful y'all got out. hope the house is ok!

~*~Candice~*~ said...

aww man I wish I would have known yall were in town!! :D Would have loved to get together. Are yall back yet?? Hopefully the house and all the stuff is ok!!! Hugs!!!

Candice