Thursday, September 04, 2008

School Girl

*Disclaimer: Sentimental Mommy with lots of hormones wrote this.*
My baby girl is SO not my baby anymore. First thing when I woke her up this morning (she usually sleeps til 8:30-9:00, and school STARTS at 8:30, so it'll be an adjustment), she rolls over and says "My up now! My go to school now!" We scarfed down some breakfast and got ready. She was so excited!
Here we are with her loot. I didn't know David was taking a "pre-picture" picture... I was wiping the yogurt off of her cheek!
Wish this one wasn't blurry because her face is priceless!
But this one is good too. :) Makes me smile for tons of reasons. But reminds me of a pic of me on the porch with MY Mommy on a first day of preschool with my nap mat, etc. Love it.
Big girl LOVES her "lunch bag." Seriously, she is SO big, and I just can't love her enough. Julie will understand when I say I want to eat her.
Daddy came with us to drop her off. She didn't want to look at the camera, she wanted to focus on the front door to the church!
Heading down the hallway to her classroom. This isn't our church, but we've been up there several times before today, so she knew where to go.
She was FINE and excited, until she saw the other kids crying in her room. Can't say that I blame her for this face... she doesn't know those kids yet and they were ALL crying. Probably thought school was going to be torture by the sight! But we kissed her, left, and 2 minutes later got the report that she was GREAT and already playing with babydolls. Life is good.
We'll see in a few minutes when I go pick her up if she napped, ate well, etc. But I am certain she will love school. Such a social kid, so she'll love having other kids around. PLUS, her school has music class AND tumbling... kudos to my cousin Melissa for running a GREAT program. She is never gonna want to come home! As for me, my first five hours of freedom went by fast, but I got so much done! This is win win for everybody!!!!!
~
PS. Turns out she did have a FABULOUS day! But she was excited to see me when I picked her up, which was good for me. :) No nap, but she stayed on her mat like she was supposed to and read books. We'll see how that progresses. But first day was great!

8 comments:

Mandy said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww! So sweet! Ella starts preschool next week. It's hard to watch our baby girls grow up so fast.

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

I am reading this and I am tearing up and I have no excuses of hormones. She looks super cute and super big! Make it stop Jodi, make it stop :)

Marcia said...

I guess I am behind on my blog reading! WOW …the slip cover is awesome, you did an amazing job!! R is so BIG with her pre-school! Love the piggy tails... she looks so big! Glad she had a great 1st day!
PS
Already over the insurance stuff! ;-) Thanks girl

Sarah said...

Reagan is such a cute little 'big' girl! Makes me want to chance it (having another stinker pot boy)and try for a second! The nap mat is precious too. You look great by the way. You go Supermom!

Tracy said...

Man, she just keeps getting cuter and cuter!!!! "My go to school today"...that is so cute! I'm glad that she had a great first day of school! She is getting so big. So sad how quickly they grow!! They will be teenagers before we know it!
Bryson refuses to take a nap at school too...which makes for "fun" evenings around here!! :)

Amber said...

She looked so cute! I love how good her nap mat turned out.

Alli said...

Love it, love it! She looked so cute with all of her gear, ready to go to school. Hopefully when the newness wears off, she might nap. :)

Melissa Taylor said...

What sweet pictures of her first day of school. She looks so cute with her hair, her lunch bag, her mommy...all cute.