Monday, September 22, 2008

Safe and Sound

So, this will be short and sweet. Just to let everyone know that we are now HOME. David came home Sun night since he had to be back at work Mon morning, and R and I drove in just this evening. Our power was restored evidently late Saturday night, so that is FABULOUS. I'll take some pics of our backyard and neighborhood... it looks so WEIRD around here with all the trees on the ground! But our house came out completely unscathed... thank you LORD! Our fence is mostly down, but that is no biggie really. R starts back at school tomorrow, and I start the cleanup of the fridge while she is gone. Ew is all I can say about that, but thanks to WONDERFUL SIL Mary, it isn't as bad as it could have been for me! She took the brunt and cleaned everything out for us days ago, so I just have to bleach and bleach and bleach... then restock. I'm exhausted and headed to bed, and looking forward to getting back into our routine. I'll post pics soon of our "hurrication" fun with family and friends.

Oh, and Brooklyn and I have a doc appt in the morning, so please pray for that as always. She seems to be doing great... quite a mover and a shaker! :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

So great to hear! You know, I drove by David's parents' place this week (on the way to mine) and I wondered if you were there. I am happy to hear you are home, and I am praying for that little soccer player, Brooklyn! :)

Ashley said...

Anxious to hear about your appointment. Glad to you know you are home safe. Call me soon

Tiff said...

So glad you are home safe and that your house made it through the storm. I am praying for your appointment today and can't wait to hear how both of you are doing!

Tracy said...

I'm glad that yall are back home! I know you are too!! ...good luck with the cleanup!

I'll be looking forward to hearing how great the Dr's appt went!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

I know it feels wonderful being in your own home with your own stuff around you. Praying for Brooklyn's appointment, God has great plans for this sweet girl.

Krystal Cummins said...

I am so glad that your house was not damaged, that is really great news!
I will continue to keep you and B in my prayers.

Stacia said...

So glad you made it back home safe and sound and that your house seemed to make it through the storm pretty good! Can't wait to hear about you and little Brooklyn's apt.

Marcia said...

I am glad all is well at the Beaver Dam... and happy ou guys are back home! I cant wait to hear the Brooklyn update!