Wednesday, September 03, 2008

My latest project

R starts school tomorrow... I just can't believe it! I'm so excited for her... and me. It'll be great. I'll have pics of that fabulous event tomorrow. But I had to show off my latest project. She had to have a nap mat for school, so I went and bought fabric and made a cover for it. Didn't have a pattern or anything, and I wanted to make it WELL so that it wouldn't slide around but could come off to wash, etc. So, here is the final product. :)
Had to put a close up of the pillow so you could see that those aren't eyeballs, they are white flowers with blue centers. In that last pic from far away, they look like eyes staring at you. Hope they don't give her nightmares. The pillow velcros to the top flap of the mat cover, so she can use it other times if she wants.
And when folded up, the ribbons tie it all together to carry. It's not even that bulky with the pillow inside, so I was pleased. :)
Thankfully, R loooooooooooves it so far. She wants to "practice" going night-night on it, so I put it on the couch yesterday so she could chill while I cooked supper. She didn't get up the whole time. Now, I just have to remind her that it is for SCHOOL!
We ended up having to put the whole thing on top of her bed last night for her to sleep on... silly girl!!!

14 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

super cute! what sewing machine do you have? I am going to buy one and want one that does embrodiery

Tracy said...

How cute!! You did a great job!!! :)

She will LOVE school! It will be so good for her too...and you :)

Amber said...

Jodi that turned out AMAZING! That's your new thing, you need to start selling those. I am really impressed!

Rachel said...

So cute! I bought Roselyn's from Lillian Vernon. I have WAY too many unfinished projects to undertake anymore, or I'd be tempted, because I feel like hers is really thin.

Melissa Taylor said...

So cute - I hope she (and you) have a great first day at school. I have such fun memories of those good ol' days! Enjoy your alone time :) You need to make some more mats and sell them to the other mommies!

Stacia said...

That nap-mat is so cute!! Hailey has nap time in her K-4 class and we take two blanket and a little pillow...your little invention will be so handy. All the mom's from Reagan's class are going to want you to make them one too :-)

p.s. can I get your email address? I've got a great email that I want to send you. sljohnson0929@yahoo.com

Lasiter Family said...

You did a great job. You should be very proud of yourself.

Mandy said...

Very cute! See you are crafty!

Alli said...

I love it! You did that all without a pattern? You are so talented! Enjoy your time alone while she is in school...squeeze in a nap here and there!

Addison said...

that is too cute!!! Isn't it amazing how proud we are of ourselves for not only thinking we can do something like that, but actually doing it. Great job!!! Very cute!

Tabby said...

How cute! I'll have to remember that for when mine is old enough for school. They grow up so fast!

Unknown said...

I am impressed...I wanted to make Westons but I do not think mine would have turned out...but yours, wow!!!.....you could make a lot of money making those things. I know I paid a pretty penny of ours.

Being a Star said...

I love that...wish i had that kind of talent....Marissa starts next week....can't wait for her and for me...she loves preschool.

The Timberframer's Wife said...

What a neat nap pad! You did great on that! I bet that was a hormone-emotion fueled day taking her to school. She will have so much fun. You look so cute!