Friday, September 26, 2008

"Have We Got A Show For You..."

Thanks to my dear friend Ashley, Reagan and I had a GREAT day. :) Late last night I was doing some blog reading, and saw that Ashley had taken her daughter to a LIVE VeggieTales show. Didn't know that existed! So I decided to google it, wondering if there might be one sometime soon in Houston. IT WAS TODAY! Can't believe my luck... I got tickets at 12:30 this morning for the show this afternoon. So, after a fun day at school, R and I went to see "Giant Bob and Larry," as she called them. And thus, I won Mom Of The Year. At least in her eyes, anyways. :)
Sweet girl SO excited! (notice she had to bring her own Bob and Larry with her, of course)
It was at a giant church... here she is in our pew listening to the radio person... patiently waiting for the show to start.
And here she is showing me that she has her Bob.
A little reading of the program before it began... concentrating.
They begin the show with a big rock and roll number, strobe lights, the works. And a song she didn't know. I had told her it would be loud, but it was more than I even expected....
... thus, this was her face for the first 4 or 5 minutes. Being the reigning Mom Of The Year, I had to take our self-portrait while she cried.
But things calmed down and it was just good ole Bob and Larry... and she was great for the rest of the hour and forty-five minute show. Here is Mr Lunt, singing my fave, "You are His Cheeseburger."
I love this one. For you VT fans out there, this is Reagan belting out "everybody's got a water buffalo-OOOOOOOOOOOOOH".
She got to stand up the whole time since no one was directly behind her. Which meant that she danced and jumped around the whole time! So fun. I got some video... but couldn't get them to post tonight. Maybe tomorrow.
The sucker that I am, she got the LarryBoy hat at intermission. Seriously, too cute to say no to.
Singing to Larry Boy... can't remember what song it was though. But they danced together alot.
This was mid-skipping and dancing in the aisle.
Seriously, we had SO much fun! She was yelling at the top of her lungs when it was over "BOB! LARRY! COME BACK!" Then she kept turning to me saying, "Mommy... Bob, Larry, and Archibald can't hear me!" I will be asked countless times I'm sure to see the show again. But that is ok, it was worth it. Her first concert!!! :)
~
Oh, and Ashley, you are DESTINED to quit your day job and be a back up dancer for Bob and Larry! Absolutely perfect for you.

11 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

ooh! what fun! I love Veggie Tales and every morning I sing "Oh where is my hairbrush, oh where is my hairbrush, oh where, oh where, oh where is my hairbrush!"

Amber said...

I love it when I swing by here and you have new pictures up!

I love that you got a pic of her crying and your just a smiling. It's my favorite one!

Alli said...

Yea for you! I love the cheeseburger song too! That CD plays over and over in my car. Looks like Reagan had a blast...mission accomplished!

Linda Frances said...

What a GREAT day you both had - one to remember for ever !
Linda

Ashley said...

I am so glad you had fun. I am glad you realized my true calling. You are too funny

Tracy said...

How FUN!!!!! It looks like both of you had a great time!! Love the picture of her crying :) as well as all of the super happy pics! Man, they need to come to Dallas!!! :)

Mandy said...

So cute! It's hard to resist buying those cute little keepsakes. I'm a sucker too!

Marcia said...

Oh how fun!! Love Bob and Larry!! R is so cute with her piggy tails!

Sarah said...

Dyl and I got the chance to go as well! We went thursday night and Dyl pooped out before it was over, but we had a blast. Who wouldn't when you're watching GIANT dancing vegetables!!!

The Whites in Africa said...

I was wondering if you gals were going to go...so happy that it was a good time! :)

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Glad you are home and that your home is fine. I bet you had as much if not more fun at that concert just watching Reagan. I wish our kids like Veggie Tales, but none of them have been bitten by that bug yet. Y'all take care!