Friday, July 06, 2007

Happy Birthday Sweet Reagan

Everyone tells you it will eventually happen... that you will reach the point in life where you're constantly asking "where did the time go?". Well, I'm there. Three hundred and sixty-five days ago, I woke up and got my fat butt out of bed, took a shower where I couldn't see my feet, did my hair and my makeup (the beauty of the scheduled c-section), and headed to the hospital to become Mommy. And it literally seems like yesterday. When Reagan was about 8 weeks old or so, it had seemed like YEARS, but now it seems like yesterday. How can one little person bring so much joy?! Until Reagan, I don't think I really had much of a concept of God's love for his children... for me. But having her in my life and loving her so much it is indescribable, I now have a teensy glimpse of why Jesus did what He did. I will be forever thankful to Reagan for helping me understand that to some extent. David and I can't imagine life without our Little Bear, and we look forward to celebrating birthdays with her for years to come! Especially since later she will appreciate and remember them! Here was our first birthday celebration as a family, July 6, 2006. (and please remember that I had a ridiculous amount of drugs running through my system at this point...)
Here is that fat-ness I was speaking of. Man, I was huge. We took one last picture as just "us" before heading to the operating room.
And out she came, all 8 and a half pounds of her. Poor baby's feet stuck straight up in the air for several days, understandable after being in the pike position for 9 months! But her head was nice and round though!
Our first family photo as the new "us".
The first of a billion-plus kisses.
Reagan at 1 month. Poor dear, the baby acne hit the day before. 2 months
3 months
4 months
5 months
6 months
7 months
8 months
9 months
10 months
11 months
And the 12 months pics with her first party pictures will have to wait until tomorrow. It is a
2-man job to get her to sit in her chair for a photo these days, so we'll wait until Daddy is home!
I love you Reagan Noel Beaver. God must think I am pretty special for letting me be your Mommy, and I am so thankful for it.









8 comments:

Tracy said...

Happy birthday pretty girl!!

Jodi, you made me cry! It's crazy how much we can love someone isn't it?? And they grow up so fast! Last night I was hugging Bryson and thinking "Wow, he will NEVER be this small ever again. I just want to hug him forever". We need to figure out a way to make them stay little forever! :)

Have a great day with her!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Happy Birthday Reagan!

Hopefully you have stopped crying since I talked to you this morning. But hey, it's your day cry if you want to.

Jodi, I can't believe it has been a full year! Precious times-good and the bad. You and David are doing such a great job and we are so very proud of you! Can't wait to see you all next weekend!

Susan (I here by dub myself Aunt Susan! Hee! Hee!)

Marcia said...

Happy B-day sweet baby girl!!!

*Kendra* said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl! We can't wait till your party!

Connor, Kaylee, Tripp, Thatcher, and Truett said...

Happy birthday Reagan! You sure are a beautiful girl.

Love you, Jodi!

Ashley said...

TEARS!!!!!!!

Happy birhtday, Reagan! What a blessing a child brings to the life of her parents!n

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Reagan-bear! I'm so sad that I won't get to be with you on your birthday:( But you are so precious and I love you!

Mauri said...

Happy (late) Birthday, Reagan! You are beyond precious, just like your sweet mom! A blessing on you for your first birthday:
"[We pray] that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God,being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light." Col 1:10-12