Monday, July 09, 2007

Birthday Girl

Here is the sweet-girl's 12 months photo in her chair. See the previous post if you haven't seen the other 11! :)
It ended up with her standing in the chair, then later taking a nose-dive onto the carpet. She thought it was SO funny!!! We'll see if I have the strength to continue this every month until she is better at sitting still!
Granddaddy, Grandmommy, Grammy, and Pop all came down for her first birthday party! (I say first literally... there is another next weekend!) One of the presents from Grandmommy and Granddaddy got ripped when on the plane, so she got to open it before the party. Check out that look on her face! So fun! As was the lion for her Animal Train.
I told David that this was a first of many times I will write on the plate for our kids' birthdays. :)
We had a luau themed party... but the pool was rained out of course. But thanks to Cassidee, Reagan was decked out to celebrate! The skirt was WAY too big, so it was for pictures only. As was the headband that she was bound to break. But I was thrilled that she left her "coconuts" alone the entire party! Brandon didn't though... wish I had a picture to blackmail him with later of his grabbing my girl's coconuts!!!
We had fajitas (Mexico/Hawaii... whatever), fruit, and cake. I made it myself with a little help from my Moms. Kinda proud of it! :)

Our attempt to let her blow out the candle turned into keeping her from grabbing the flame. I had to help out a bit....
I liked this picture because it looks like her coconuts are leaking. :) It was really her juice.
Pop helping her get her balloons. The balloons were a huge hit!
Granddaddy and Grandmommy came prepared with Hawaiian gear! Poor Dad was sick the whole weekend, but he was such a trooper!!!
Uncle Turbo and Aunt Mary showing Reagan the little drink umbrellas.
This was hilarious. (Not quite as hilarious as the coconut grab...) Brandon and Reagan were going for the same blue coin. It's a standoff.
Hope you can see the triumphant look on her face! That little stinker... she's got attitude.
Reagan and Andrew putting in the new cars of her Animal Train. I highly recommend this toy! She LOVES it!!!
Reagan hanging out with Mr. Will and Natalie. Mr. Will was our handy "put all the toys together" guy! Thanks Mr. Will!!!
Girl got her own Nalgene sippy cup from Aunt Mary and Uncle Kyle!!
Enjoying the tissue paper as much as Aunt BB and Uncle Turbo's present!
Very cool flower attached to Grammy and Pop's present!
And the cake!!! I of course stripped her down first...
Much to her Daddy's chagrin, she was pretty dainty about the whole thing!


Stay tuned for more birthday party pics to come! I know you are all SO excited! :)





11 comments:

Tracy said...

CUTE! Looks like she had a great time! Love the theme!!

And yes, you for sure need to make David take you to Hawaii someday! That is a must! :)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, Jodi! I can't believe she is 1. She looks like she keeps you entertained a lot! Great job on the cake and all that went with the party! I love the theme...too bad I don't have a summer birthday to use it for. :(

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

She is so sweet! Love the coconuts...she is a sweet little thang can't wait to get kisses from her next weekend!

Anonymous said...

Your baby girl is so precious! I showed my office mate and she says Reagan should model! Of course I am partial to her focusing on soccer... ;)

Marcia said...

Jodi you did a great on the party! Love it all!!! Sweet Reagan such a pretty girl. Cant wait to see yall

Hollie Reese said...

How funny! I love the coconuts! That was a great idea! We will have to meet up when we move your way!

Connor, Kaylee, Tripp, Thatcher, and Truett said...

Yeah birthday pictures!!! Loved your theme and Reagan looked adorable. Can't wait for more. Love you!

Tiff said...

Happy Birthday Reagan! She looks so cute and it looks like her Mom threw a great party! i love the pics in the chair too. Crazy to see how fast they grow!

Unknown said...

The coconuts are too cute! It looks like her party was fun, and the cake looks great! Although he doesn't have it, Jackson LOVES playing with that train at his friend's house. It is a good toy.

Ashley said...

Oh how cute! I love the birthday theme! She is adorable and a true blessing!

Tracy said...

Hey! Hurry up and post some pool party pics from last weekend! :)