Monday, July 23, 2007

I almost forgot...

Quick Story:
I got David a new PS3 for his birthday... I know, Wife of the Century. Anyways, Friday night the boys were of course playing NCAA Football, and decided they needed some cable for the picture to look its finest. So he and I head off the to the WalMart in Galveston and arrive in the store at 12:00... on the dot. I am thinking to myself, "Man, why do all these parents have their kids up this late? What is the deal with all the kids running around WalMart at midnight?" Seems like that is always the case, but then I remembered that the new Harry Potter book went on sale at midnight. OH. MY. WORD. There were literally hundreds of people lined up waiting for the WalMart lovelies to break open those cases of books. We left. There were only 2 cashiers open and we were behind the masses just wanting to purchase a video game cable.
The word you are looking for is "Anyways..."
What I want to know is, how many of you, my precious friends, were amongst the midnight purchasers that stayed up all night Friday night reading that book? I may have to make fun of you behind your back, or in a comment on your blog. :) :) :)

7 comments:

Tracy said...

Wow...you ARE wife of the century!! Way to show me up! :)

I didnt purchase the Harry Potter book...the only books I read are ones with pop up pictures or flaps that you lift up to see what's hiding underneath. :)

Kendra said...

Yep, we were some of the crazy people... Robert had it read by 2:00 that afternoon...

Unknown said...

I'd like to note that we were already out and basically stopped to get the book on the way home from Kemah.

Mauri said...

We weren't there at midnight, but I couldn't wait for My Amazon pre-order to come in, so we were at wal-mart at 8:00 am. Pathetic. but it was worth it. you just need to get on the bandwaggon. Love the pics of the lil' girl in Galveston! Love and miss you!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

not me!

but per some peeps at church I am missing out on the greatest books EVER!

anyways is right!

Anonymous said...

I must admit that I picked the book up at noon on Saturday, but I let Eric read it first because I had to finish some grading and I knew I would never finish the grading once I started the book! So he finished at 2:00 AM on Sunday morning and I started it that afternoon. We took turns looking after Baby Cate! After several annoying but unavoidable breaks, I finished around noon on Monday! Now I'm just sad that there aren't any more books left! :-(

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!! You are such a fun wife to go off and buy that for him. He is very lucky!