Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The (unwanted) End of Another Era

Tonight, my Oldest Baby Girl learned how to say her "J's."

And I cried like a big ole baby.

She was singing the books of the Bible before bed, and everything else was pronounced her "normal way" until "1st and 2nd and 3rd JOHN" came out clear as day. I said, wait, sing that last part again, and it was no fluke. She sang it perfectly again, even into "Jude and Revelations."

She still puts the S at the end of Revelation, and I can't get her to stop. Oh well, no biggie.

Before this evening, and I mean like, 10 minutes ago, all her "J" sounds came out as soft "D's."

Like her name was spelled "R-E-A-Dee-A-N".

One time she even said out loud,

"I know I can't say that letter very well.... but you know, 'DEE' (G). Like for Ga-ga-Granddaddy."

Tonight, she just grew up a little bit more.

But it feels like A LOT. And all I could do was sit there and cry, pretending I was so happy for her and proud (which I am I guess...), racking my brain if we had gotten her on video saying those precious words with J's in them wrong all this time. I have no idea. But darn it, I love all her speech impediments, and they are quickly disappearing.

How has she gotten so big?!?!?
I left her in bed, after goodnight kisses, spelling her name outloud to herself over and over and over...

"R-E-A-GEE-A-N."

Oh, I long for her to stay little. :)

Here's my beautiful big girl with her Toy Story collection. And JESSIE, her favorite, who is no longer "Dessie." :( I'll get over it someday...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww....that is so sweet. :) I need to learn the books of the bible song...you will have to send it to me so I can teach Faith.

Amber said...

If it makes you feel better, I am 31 and still say Revelations when I sing the song so maybe there is hope that she'll hold on to some of those little quirks!