Thursday, September 16, 2010

East Texas Trip.... from July

Wellllll... I need to play catch up from some summer events.  Seems like I make a habit of putting off the most important stuff to document because they make the longest posts!  But this is the first of a few posts from the summer.
We took a weekend for an East TX road trip for two reasons:  to get to see my grandparents, and to go to Camp Deer Run for Baby Roundup.  I have missed both places terribly, so it was WAY worth the road trip.  My parents met us there, so that was definitely a bonus.
My precious Granddaddy.  I don't have pics of my Granny Jo this trip... we only got out the camera while we were outside, and she likes the indoors.  :)  But how cute is he in his Daingerfield Tigers hat and his overalls??  92 years young next month.  LOVE him.
ALL Reagan could talk about the entire ride in the car was going fishing.  I would have given my 3rd kidney for her to have pulled a fish out of that water, but her bait was a crummy worm that came with her Dora pole.  We tried to dig up something real, but had no luck.  She so didn't care though!
Brooklyn taking her first ride on the "tractor". 
I think Granddaddy kinda enjoyed watching R fish.  :)
The girls took turns with THEIR Granddaddy on tractor rides until the rain hit.
That look tells it all!
Brooklyn's walker had a hard time in the grass, so she mostly chilled with Grandmommy.  Neither of them seemed to mind.
But she looooooooved the ride!!
Check out this form!!!

I love that David got this little event on camera:
Dad helping R get the line in (her pole is crummy and has a hard time).
R: "Hmmm... might have a bug bite back here."
Woops!!!
Dad dropping the pole to try and save R from a swim!
Whew!  And even the pole stayed dry!

The only proof I have that I was there.
Give B a shovel and pail (or spoon and bowl... whatever) and she's peachy.
On to CDR.
I have hardly any pics because I was having way too much fun visiting to stop and take pics.  But I regret it a bit!  Oh well.  Plus, our time was SO short that I felt like I saw tons of people but barely got to speak to them!  But we hope to try and make visits there more regular, starting next summer!
Anyways, I took this pic because these two guys were too sweet.  I have no idea who they are.  But bless them, they came out of line for lunch to come and make friends with Brooklyn.  I think that ROCKS, especially considering they are boys and probably hungry.  Both of them sat for quite a while and chatted with her while she CRACKED UP.  It was adorable.  See her head thrown back in laughter?!  I wish I knew their names so I could tell their Moms that they have great sons.
Baby Roundup Group shot.
Silly Picture!!
Reagan's first time to CDR and she's hooked, of course.  Hard to believe she'll already be a PeeWee next year!  Had to stop and take our pic under my name in the Rec Hall.
After worship, lunch, and lots of talking, we all hit the new pool.  It was a long hot day, so this was the highlight! 
This was the view in our backseat before we even hit 2088, the main road.  Camp is tiring fun!!!

5 comments:

Alli said...

I'm so sad that I wasn't able to join you in your East Texas fun at Camp. Next time!

Tracy said...

As usual, love all of the pics!! Your girls are so cute and sweet!

I also love that David took pics of R's almost fall into the water. :) Little girl just lost her balance!

And does B sleep with her eyes kind of open like you??!!! :)

Jodi said...

Tracy, she TOTALLY does! Creepy. :)

Amy said...

What fun pictures! I'm so glad you guys had a fun family trip. The girls are just so precious! When am I ever going to get to meet them?? :) Hope all is well, love you guys and praying for you!

*Kendra* said...

Loved that trip to CDR with everyone! Can't wait till our big girls are PeeWees!