Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Strawberry Fields Forever

This is my THIRD post today. I rock. :)
~
I've been singing that song in my head all day! The girls and I packed up this morning and met our friends Sarah, Dylan, and Mason at the strawberry farm! This was a first for all of us, and man it was the PERFECT day for it!! Gorgeous weather, ripe yummy berries, good friends. Brooklyn was especially excited to show off her new shades. :)
Cute girls about to be "farmers!"
Dylan and Reagan had SO much fun together!
I looooooooove this look on her face... so HER. This is her first reaction to getting her bucket and her freedom to pick.
Of course we had to have a crash-course in what a ripe strawberry is. Here, she is showing me she learned it well.
Sarah and Dylan enjoying their time together before Mason woke up in the stroller!
Cute big kids!
I love these outdoor pics! So pretty.... pretty girl.
Brooklyn sat and watched for awhile, but then needed UP. So, I wore her on my hip in the sling-thing the rest of the time. The squats I did up and down all morning are going to be KILLING me in the morning!

Not sure what she's doing here, but I think I had told her we were done... and this is
"I'm comin' !"
GORGEOUS day with my GORGEOUS girls!!!
All six of us farmers.
*if you enlarge this one, you'll see that my girls are cut from the very same mold. they are sporting the EXACT same expression... i just wish it was smiley!*
Reagan pooped out carrying her bucket back to pay... it weighed almost 6 pounds!
After we paid for our strawberries and a few other veggies at the market, we had a picnic under one of the most gorgeous oak trees EVER.
B couldn't contain herself to the blanket, so I played chase with her throughout lunch.
Reagan and Dylan played the game they made up called "Chase Tackle." I told her that he's a boy and he might not play easy, and she said it was "fun and I don't mind!"
Not sure what her Daddy will think of this pic! :)
Right after that pic, his tackle ended up slamming her skull to the ground. Such is life when you play that kinda game with a 4 year old boy! She cried, of course, and I pretended to feel sorry for her a little bit.... that was the end of Chase Tackle.
~
Here she is with her snack before naptime....
One of those days where I feel blessed in SO MANY WAYS!!! Thank you LORD for a wonderful day for this Mommy and her girls!!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Wow...you DO rock! Lots of great pics!! :)

I need to find a strawberry farm around here asap. That looks fun and yummy!!

Your girls are so so pretty!!! You and David are going to have to lock them up some day! Keep the boys away! :)

Meredith said...

Precious pictures!! I love all of them. Your girls are growing so fast! Wish we had some strawberry fields here in A-town, however, I think that will have to remain a wish. :) Glad you had such a wonderful, beautiful day with your girls!

Amy said...

Beautiful girls!! Love all the pictures and the ones of B in her walker...wow, I'm speechless. What an amazing little miracle she is. Thank you Lord for Brooklyn! Love that girl.

Know that you are always on my heart and I'm praying for you all the time. You are one incredible mommy. So glad I have you in my life! Love you.