Thursday, March 25, 2010

Couple of Things for Prayers

Seriously?!?!? Isn't she awesome!!?? Isn't God SO GOOD?!? I just can't get over this little walkin'-answer-to-prayer. She's a rockstar. :) And on top of all her physical accomplishments, God has given her the sweetest, loving spirit. She is truly a delight, inside and out. Oh, how I just LOVE my kids!!

I'll ask for a couple of prayers for Brooklyn, if I may...

1) Tomorrow we go in for her 15mo appt. We are also discussing her lack of speech. Poor baby just can't talk. She can COMMUNICATE, believe me!, but can't talk. She points, she signs 5 words I think, she completely UNDERSTANDS what we say... but something about her mouth just doesn't wanna talk. So, tomorrow we'll be discussing what physiological things could be happening (hearing issues, etc) and figure out hopefully what road to take. PLEASE pray that whatever "it" is will be "nothing" and easily worked on!

2) She has a UTI for the first time... of course, right after we take her off her caths and meds. SO.... we'll have to watch that. Yuck.

3) She is walking and getting around SO great, but she trips over those darn feet. We'll need some sort of de-rotation at her hips to help with this, and I am not looking forward to the contraption that is needed. Pure vanity on my part, but she probably needs these strappy things that wrap all around her legs and attach to a belt around her waist. And I have to figure out how to make that cute!! Anyways, pray for my vanity :) and that we can fix this problem for her easily.

On a different note, a couple of prayers for Reagan and me :) , if I may...

1) Reagan is asking LOTS of LOADED spiritual questions right now. It's awesome, and so humbling. Like the other day, she was asking me what faith is, so we read Hebrews 11:1 and talked about how we have faith that God is with us, even though we can't see Him. That is hard to grasp when you're three!! Anyways, she asks constantly about angels, about heaven, about death.... man, it is tough stuff. Pray that God continues to point that inquisitive little mind of hers His direction!

2) Please pray for me as I try to answer her! MAN alive, it is tough! And I want her to know that I do not know all the answers, but have her see me question and study. But I realized something: she is too young to have faith in God really, but she has faith in ME. Her belief in God TRULY comes from words out of David's and my mouth. The fact that we say He is God makes her believe it. Goodness... that puts me in my place!! We say it, she trusts it. What a responsibility we have as her parents!!!! So, that is a HUGE prayer request coming from this Mommy who certainly doesn't have it all together!

I think I may have put this on FB, but this blog is really where I want stuff documented. About a week ago, Reagan was asking me when she would get to go to heaven to see God and His angels (yeah, all you moms out there, that is a HARD question to answer!!!! Obviously I do not want HER going to heaven anytime soon, so this was the best I came up with). She asks this A LOT. I answer her the same way... "Well, babe, I hope Jesus comes back soon to take us there!" Anyways, she replies, "Mommy, I think when Jesus comes back He's gonna tell the devil, 'devil, GO AWAY devil! and you STOP telling the people not to listen to Me!' and then... Mommy, I think Jesus might kick him." Out of the mouths of babes... :)

"God teaches us so much about faith through our children. Sometimes just knowing that God IS and that He DOES and that He has already won the victory over the devil has to be good enough." ~Jenny Biz Jan 16, 2006

10 comments:

Ashley said...

We will be praying. Let me know how her appointment goes

Tracy said...

Yea for little Brooklyn! She IS a rockstar! I'll be praying for her and her doctor's appointment. Keep us posted...I know you will :)

Bryson asks a lot of spiritual questions too. He has told me "I want to go to Heaven now". On one hand, it breaks my heart to hear that because I hope I am looong gone before anything ever happens to him. But, on the other hand, I'm so happy that he is excited about Heaven. He said he wants me to go with him! :) So sweet.

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

I am praying and sending you a care package via Amazon with those books I was telling you about this week. Great stuff for answering little questions. I have learned so much too!

On another note, I love that Brooklyn wanted to watch Modern Sniper with her Daddy! :)

Stacia said...

Oh I loved this post. First because of how wonderful B is doing and I will be praying for her as well. And as for those HARD questions that R is asking I totally understand! We have those same conversations (usually in the van!) so many times!

Rachel said...

UNBELIEVABLE how good she is walking! I am so proud of her! And will pray for the speech stuff. Maybe Reagan does enough talking for the both of them?

Roselyn has been talking a lot about heaven recently, too. The other day she told me that she wants to take her little TV (portable dvd player) when she goes so she can watch movies, and she wants me to bring the basketball goal so Nolan will have something to play with. So sweet! But you're right - they are tough things to answer and you feel like you want to say just the right thing. So copy me on your answers, ok? I'm sure you're handling it great.

Alli said...

I'll be honored to pray over all of these things for you. What an amazing video of your little walker! And I love your answer to Reagan about going to heaven. I agree with her - the devil has a big kick coming his way. :)

Strong Boy said...

Brooklyn is unbelievable! We will be praying hard for her. She is such an inspiration to us all. Thank you so much for sharing your little miracle with us. I am so thankful that we met you.

Vesti said...

LOVE IT!! I could watch her walk all day!! Amazing! Let me know how the appointment goes! Of course we continue to pray!

Natalie said...

It's humbling to me the responsibility given to us by the Lord in raising our children, and glorifying to see the intentionality in which you are raising yours! Have faith, friend! He will give you wisdom, and his grace will make up for where your words will lack. Now, how He will compensate for David's Modern Sniper and Michael's UFC? Now THAT is a mystery to me. LOL!

Brenda said...

My heart is very full this early morning at 2:55 AM!! Thank you for filling it up even further with this post. Your comment ...this Mommy who certainly doesn't have it all together!...is SO incorrect. You definitely have it all together - you know you are inadequate without God... that's all you need to know. You are doing an amazing job and your family is very blessed to have you as their wife/mommy. Love the thought that their faith is in you right now, oh that all children could begin to develop 'God faith' first from 'mommy/daddy' faith. Hang in there sweet girl, you're doing a fantastic job!