Monday, March 08, 2010

Will Work For Food



Seriously, who wants to do some happy-dancin' with me?!?!!? Can you BELIEVE our little miracle-girl?! Brooklyn got this walker (called a Gait Trainer) a little while ago, but we just have been working with it and her AFOs (Ankle-Foot Orthotics.... we call them her "boots) after wearing them for only 4 days! CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GIRL?! (Grapes certainly help her work hard.... food is her best bait in PT.) In four days, she went from "Oh, look at this shiney thing that rolls?? Cool. And man, these things on my feet make me SO MAD, I'm just gonna sit here and fuss...." to "Maybe all this will help me walk across the room and get those grapes that Mommy dangles in front of my face." I know she's only gonna get better at it. So exciting! (Yes, you can see how she is SUPER pidgeon-toed. Her muscle imbalance has gotten worse as her legs have gotten stronger, so they turn in now more than ever. Hopefully soon we'll get a solution for that so she doesn't trip all over herself. For now she doesn't care, and she's learning, so we're cool.)

Other news... she had a urodynamics test done on her bladder and kidneys today. It was horrible, absolutely horrible for B. She was as hysterical as she's ever been for almost 2 hours straight. Yeah, rough day for BOTH of us. Anyways.... The urologist said that her system looks PERFECT for a 15 month old. Not sure what the future will hold when she needs to try and get out of diapers, but for NOW he is taking her off her cathedar system and antibiotics! WAHOO!!! I can't believe it. No more kidney reflux, and a perfectly emptying bladder. Awesome.

All in all, let this blog be a TOTAL SHOUT OUT TO OUR AWESOME GOD! I mean, we know He is always good, all the time. But I can't help but do some serious happy-dancing in thanks for my little walkin' girl with no cathedars!! Who knows what He'll do next?!

And while I'm shouting out, here's one to Cheryl you see in the video, Brooklyn's PT. She is AMAZING and an absolute angel. Brooklyn looooooooooves her, so do I, and so does Reagan. All my special needs Moms out there will attest to the fact that good therapists are CRUCIAL, just like good nurses in the hospital. She has worked with and loved on my B for over a year now, and she also encourages me like crazy and loves on my Reagan. Couldn't be more thankful for her!! We've prayed for God to put the right people in Brooklyn's life ever since we found out about the SB, and He gave us a direct answer in Cheryl.

18 comments:

Vesti said...

AMAZING!!! I have no other words!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Go Brooklyn!!!!

Great news about her bladder! your preggo friend is crying tears of joy! God is faithful and good!

love you all to pieces! susan

Natalie said...

I love after she walks for the first grape, her being drug back to the starting line. Repeat! And she did! Your consistency and God's faithfulness is bearing fruit!

The Brown Family said...

Baby girl is a ROCKSTAR!!!! You guys are doing a great job with Miss Brooklyn. And I have to say I love seeing her smiling face - just precious!

Mauri said...

So Stinkin' precious.

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

-Will

Strong Boy said...

Thanks for all your posts Jodi. I can't tell you how much seeing Brooklyn's success keeps us going.

Thanks,

Adam, Lori, Avery, and Garrett

Amber said...

I didn't realize that she had the bladder issues and cath going on.

God is awesome.

B is a girl after my own heart. I can do some pretty cool stuff too when someone dangles the right kind of food in front of me!

Unknown said...

WOW! God is amazing! I am so thrilled for Brooklyn, you and the whole family. Will pray that God continues to work all things together for her good.

jaymie said...

OK, so I usually don't post commments becuase our computer is about to explode and it takes FOREVER to pull the page up...BUT how could I NOT comment on this one!!!! Seriously!!?!!! I have serveral things to say: 1. Walking...amazing! She's so cute and SOOOO GOOD! She's gonna be rockin and rollin' in no time. I"m seeing a game of chase between her and Kanyon with their gait trainers!! 2. AMEN on the therapist thing! That is HUGE. I'm so glad you love yours. 3. Remember when she wouldn't eat food and now she's walking JUST SO SHE CAN EAT??!!! WOW! 4. I am so sorry about the tests...those must've been so hard on y'all. Nothing drains me like a day spent at the Dr. (because that usually means lots of screaming!) STRESS!! with that said, THANK YOU GOD for a healthy bladder. But on that note, I have to say that I"m a little sad I won't be receiving anymore gifts in the mail in a cath box. Tear. Not really. But it did make me smile when we got Q's gift and it was in a cath box. 5. sice I don't usually comment and it takes so long I figured I'd better make this one worth it. sorry its so long! 6. I LOVE Y'ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Like witnessing a miracle getting to see her walk! We have such an awesome God!

Anonymous said...

sweet,sweet video!! I can't even imagine how excited ya'll are over her wonderful feat(and her wonderful feet. God is indeed amazing!!! becky broom

Julie said...

Crying tears of joy for you! Thank you God, for your mercies!!!

Rachel said...

awesome praises!!

Julie said...

Just say this!! I am crying, just bawling like a broken mom! I am so proud of little B and of you! God is awesome. Period. And the bladder...just another miracle for that sweet girl. Love you and your babies!

QPJain said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

SHE'S WALKING! Oh that is so awesome. Congrats and praise the Lord. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the video..that is great!!

Danielle (Kaiya's Mommy)