Tuesday, November 21, 2006

So Much To Be Thankful For

I just LOVE Thanksgiving. Seriously, it ranks right on up there with Christmas. :) The food is great, the time with family is great, but I love the fact that as a nation we take pause to remember how blessed we are. And to take time and watch great football. I am pumped about this week!

This year, David and I have more to be thankful for than ever. Obvious statement. But we are also getting to go to Kentucky to visit his family and Grandmother, which is a huge blessing in so many ways. Reagan hasn't met Greemy, so it will be an extra special visit with her. I'll have more to write about our trip next week I am sure.

David and I are constantly saying how grateful we are for our parents.... so true. We have so much support and love from both sets of parents, and huge examples of love and devotion in Christian marriage to follow. But right now, I would like to give special thanks for my sweet Mom. Since becoming a mother myself, I am more grateful than ever for the amazing Mom God gave to me. Last weekend, she and I got to have a bless-ed full day of shopping together, and I was reminded that all moms and daughters just don't enjoy each other as much as we do! I mean, it was really spending the entire day with my best girlfriend (BFF!). I have found that if we go a day without talking to each other, something seems out-of-whack. And she is such an encouragement to me about Reagan. Everything good in me for being a Mommy I learned from her. Reagan is so blessed to have her for a Grandmommy! So thanks, Mom, for who you are and the blessing you are in my life. LOVE YOU!
3 generation pic!

4 comments:

The Timberframer's Wife said...

After reading that, I feel like calling my mom. Y'all be careful and have fun on your trip! From now till New Year's is just the best time of year!

Anonymous said...

We all missed you this year. It just wasn't the same without the van parked out in front of the steps with the extension cords coming out the door. I missed seeing little Reagan smile and giggle, but there were pictures of that sweet girl. Hope you had fun in Kentucky. see you next year at the Nutcracker!
marli

Ashley said...

I love your mommy too.

Parents are such a blessing. I am glad you got to spend some time with her.

Kendra said...

Those are great pictures! I have only met your Mom a couple of times and she is so sweet! Hope yall had a good time on your trip.