Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Rat Tails, Caffeine Fixes, and a Big Cough

Our little one has had a rough week. Our Kentucky trip was a great visit with family, but unfortunately Reagan was sick the entire trip. She still has RSV, is on meds and feeling better, and I will keep you posted with all that. I will have to post the family pics maybe tomorrow... some of the best pics are on Brenna's camera from when mine died! But here are a few from this week that make me smile.
I gave Reagan her first hair cut a couple of days ago. She has these 2 hilarious cowlicks (is that really how you say that? I have no idea...) in the back, where her hair was longest. So all the long hairs fold to the middle looking like a rat tail. We have had many a laugh about her crazy hair, and I finally decided to cut it off. The tail is saved in her book for later laughs. :)


This is the little bear feeling sick at the airport. Honestly, for how horrible she felt, she was so good! Pretty mellow though...
Sucking the thumb is the new passion. She is an equal opportunity thumb sucker... left or right, doesn't matter. I know that some may frown upon this, but I think it is so cute that I kinda encourage it. Especially since she won't take a paci. You can see the redness around her sick little eyes... poor baby.
Guess she is going to be a coffee drinker! She wanted Aunt Mary's coffee so badly. Guess that was her way of making up for a long night. Too funny.

We were packing for the trip before we left, and I set her down against my pillow on the bed for a second. When I came back, I found this photo op. Here, Aunt Brenna is helping the little sickly girl feel better. She was stingy with smiles on our trip, so I am glad I caught this one. She thankfully had lots of people to love on her. I'll have more sweet pics with family coming soon.


7 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

she is precious! I hope that she is feeling better soon. Missy said to beat her back every once in awhile to help break up the junk but if she is still throwing up the mucus you may want to watch out while doing so. Missy told me to send you a big hug and that she is thinking about you. Hang in there, love you!
Susan

Unknown said...

Poor Reagan! Jackson was sick over Thanksgiving also, but he didn't have RSV. He had a double ear infection. Nonetheless, sick kids are so sad! I hope she feels better soon.

As for the Painted Potter, I went to the one off of Bay Area Blvd, near Carters and DSW Shoe Warehouse. I am taking Jackson to Portrait Innovations tomorrow afternoon (Wednesday) to get his pictures taken and was going to try to pick up the plates then. If we can catch you, that would be fun, but if you can't on such short notice, then don't worry about it. We head in that general direction at least once a week or so. Let me know!

*Kendra* said...

Poor baby Reagan! Feel better soon!
And, I'm sorry you have a rat tail and had to get a hair cut....Cassidee won't need a hair cut until she is 5, I'm sure!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

I hope she feels better soon--sick babies are rough! The pictures sure are sweet!

Rachel said...

I'm glad she is getting better. Poor thing. And poor mom! She needs to get well so she can come meet her friend Roselyn!

Pearson Family said...

Sick kids are exhausting. Hang in there. I hope she feels better soon.

Ashley said...

Man, RSV! That is so sad. Precious baby girl! Give her lots of love from me. Sick babies are hard. Hang in there too!