Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter!

He is Risen!  He is risen, INDEED!
I hope you all had a great day of fun and family, celebrating our Risen Savior!  I am so thankful for the hope we have in Him!
We had a fun weekend.  The girls and I colored eggs on Saturday night.  Now, I have way way way too many boiled eggs in my fridge.
Brooklyn was concentrating SO HARD.

 As was R, with her tongue out of course.  Reagan just could NOT do this sitting down.
 I did however have her sit for this photo.  Then she stood right back up again.
 Pretty sure the Tinkerbell stickers were supposed to go on the eggs....
 I found these plastic eggs filled with lemonheads.  Cutest eggs ever. 
 So, thoses eggs went their baskets for Sunday morning, along with some other loot.  And yes, I wrap stuff in their baskets.  Makes the whole process take longer.  I like it that way.
 Basket reveal Sunday morning.


 My favorite pics before church.  (we took tons) The last one I love because of Brooklyn's face she's making.


Our church also took family photos that morning, which I hope turned out great.  They will have them for us Wed.  ;)
We spend the rest of the day at Uncle Kyle and Aunt Mary's for food, fun, and egg hunt.  We have tons of pictures from this event, and Reagan is a BLURR in most of them.  She was on the MOVE.
Check out that game face!
Despite the looks on our faces, Brooklyn and I were enjoying watching from the sidelines. Poor Brook didn't get to hunt this year.  See her ow-ee on her foot?  She cut it on glass from a picture frame she pulled off the wall into the packNplay at naptime.  NICE.  And it was a BLEEDER.  Took forever for it to quit bleeding, even though it wasn't that deep.  Thus, she couldn't walk on it.  Bummer.

Sweet Baby Etta watching the festivites from the grass.  I guess someone brought her some eggs, too!  I am so thankful to my sweet niece for giving me my "baby fix" when I need one.  :)
Sitting up was a much better vantage point!
A two-fer!!  Nice form, Reagan.
Ummmmm.... Jonathan???
Guess he found it!
Cutie.
Reagan's loot.  And she didn't stop here.  Man, there is a LOT of candy in my house that I wish someone would come take away...
Constant motion...

Uncle Kyle to the rescue!
The other Beaver fam.
I'm sure these sweet cousins were NOT arguing or anything over this egg... I'm sure Reagan was just pointing it out to Austin and let him have it, right?! 
Jonathan evidently wanted to re-hide this egg.... makes me chuckle.
Austin and Reagan both would bring an egg over to Brooklyn's basket.  They were probably told to, but still sweet.  She had fun opening them and munching on candy while the other kids got sweaty.
Sure was a fun Easter! 
This part of the year is hard for me... it's a long time until another good holiday, or at least one I can decorate for.  But can't believe it is almost MAY!

3 comments:

Alli said...

Poor Brooklyn and her foot! What's up with those little cuts that bleed forever?

I LOVE the girls dresses. Precious. and I'm glad to know that I'm in good company with someone else that is sad about not having another holiday for awhile to decorate for. :(

Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

The girls looked beautiful. Love the black and white!

Beverly said...

Love the pic of the 4 of you for Easter. beautiful girls.