Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Poor Baby

I've been such a bad blogger lately that I don't even know if more than a couple people (and my parents) read this anymore.  But, I'm about to go all "Mommy talk" complete with poop talk, so stop reading if you don't want to hear about the sickness in my house.
Brooklyn and I both have a stomach bug.  Well, I had a TOUCH of a stomach bug, hers is full blown (pun intended).  Her diapers have been UNREAL for a couple days now, but at this point it is pretty much straight water coming out her rear.  And oh my goodness, her diaper rash is CRAZY BAD.  I am changing her at least every hour and soaking in the tub.  Except I only woke her up to change her twice last night....... she has fever and needs to sleep and I can't stand waking up a sleeping baby!!!  Anyways, she just cries and cries during diaper changes, sobbing the only words she can say...  "Mommmmmmmmmm....  OOOWWW!"  I cried like 10 times yesterday hearing that.  Anyways, if any of you know of anything I can give her for her stomach, that would be awesome.  Grownups can just take medicine and it will stop.  With her, I have no idea.  If it isn't seeming better this morning (she is still in bed, poor baby), I'll call the doctor.  But thought I would ask for advice... and for prayers.  Seriously, her rear end looks so horrible it is HEARTBREAKING.
Ok, now go see the happy pictures below that I posted last night.  Way better than the poop talk.

7 comments:

Vesti said...

Bless her little heart! I just sent you an email! Hope you both feel better soon!

Youngs365 said...

boo! no fun, I hope you guys get to feeling better soon esp Baby B--sweet one

Alli said...

Poor thing! And poor Mommy - those days are the worst. Try giving her some yogurt, as long as she's holding food down well. The good bacteria in it are supposed to help get everything back in order. It seems to help for my kids. And for my two, Boudreaux's Butt Paste is the only thing that helps when they have truly awful diaper rash.

Jen Keown said...

Poor baby! Get her some probiotics... they sell culturelle kids at CVS. It is kids probiotics, and should help her out. When my kids get bad rash, the think I do is NEVER wipe them with wipes. Put them straight in the tub and hose them off. The wiping makes it worse. And use safeguard (antibacterial bar soap, old school). Makes it better fast.

Mauri said...

First- I still read! Keep posting! And second, Bless Brooklyn's heart! that is so sad, for both of you. Hoping the bottom is doing better today on all fronts!

Erin said...

Miracle Diaper Rash Cream:
Ingredients:

1.Eucerin Cream (must be cream, not lotion)
2.Maalox Liquid
3.Zinc Oxide (If you don't see it on the shelf at the pharmacy, ask the pharmacist, they may have it beind their counter, even though a Rx is not required)

Directions:
Mix the 3 in equal parts. It will have a consistancy almost like marshmallow creme.
AND definately Probiotics for the tummy

Kim bell said...

Poor baby.. I remember those days with Drew.. Our precious kiddos for some reason have harder time with skin breaking down. I don't get it.. Boudreaux's is good.. And pedi can mix up prescription but sounds like same as previous comment so if u can "do it yourself" even better.. Also u need barrier cream. It's also prescription but doc prob cld call it in for future.. We must catch up soon. I love you and miss u