Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Heart Day

Reagan was so very excited about her Valentines Party at school.  I was very excited for her to get to wear this dress.  It was Adley's sweater dress, it's red and pink, so it SCREAMS Valentine's Day.  I've been looking forward to it on her behalf. 

And she looked precious. Thanks Adley! :)


 
 I guess Reagan had put this book in Brooklyn's bed the night before after we read it for a bedtime story (Berenstain Bears Valentines... I loooooooooove those books!) because I found Brooklyn reading it when I went to get her yesterday morning!
 We planned a family party for last night, and Reagan was "in charge" of decorating the cake.  It was her idea to make Daddy a heart-shaped cake, so I gave her the reigns.  She took her job VERY seriously.  Colored the whip cream pink, of course.

 The finished product.  I thought it was a cross in the middle, but she said it was just a heart with stripes.  And fancy chocolate chips.  And LOADS of rainbow sprinkles.
 We got all dressed up and waited for Daddy to come home from work... who promised to cook dinner (and it was AMAZING!).  Here they are waiting for Daddy... I was hoping to get a good photo.  Each of these just make me laugh instead!




 Reagan giving Daddy the card she made for him.

 The girls and I both got flowers!  I love it when he does extra things to make them feel like special little ladies.
 They looooooooooove to smell flowers.... especially when they are for them!
 We got each girlie a new little toy and new pjs for their Valentine.

 (there's a My Little Pony carriage under that red paper... I didn't get a photo.)
I realize after seeing all those that I need David to take the camera so I can be in more pictures too.  I've been reminded lately that later I'll wish that I could see more pics of me with the girls.  Especially since I was all dressed up and not looking like crud/normal!  Oh well.
But I did get a pic of all our flowers.  Arranging flowers is HARD.  No wonder they cost so much!!  But they're BEAUTIFUL and smell awesome. I love having flowers.  Maybe too much.
This "family party" is our new Vday tradition.  It was SO much fun.  I love all three of my Valentines!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I apologized to Aric on Valentine's Day b/c it had been my goal to get a shower, fix my hair and put something on other than black yoga pants and a t-shirt, but it didn't happen. He got regular mommy!

My dad got me a boquet of carnations one year for Valentine's Day---your girls will remember those flowes forever! And Adley's dress is the perfect heart day dress!