Friday, October 08, 2010

The Gift of Grandfathers

My parents got here last night...
Daddy walked in the door, Brooklyn squealed.
Crawled as fast as she could to him,
raised up on her knees,
did the "hold me" thing with her fingers.
Then she assumed this postion for about 30 minutes straight:


She would lift her head to kiss him on the cheek, then lay her head back down. The only movements were to pat his back and sign
"Granddaddy."
(that's her signing)
This girl is SERIOUSLY in love.

In fact, she completed a sentence for me for the first time last night.
I was talking and signing,
"Brooklyn, do you looooooove..."
And she immediately signed,
"Granddaddy"
before I completed my sentence.
~

We're ALL about weddings right now because Reagan is the flower girl in my cousin's wedding tomorrow (pics to come, of course!). And for the record, Reagan reminded me day before yesterday that she is going to grow up to marry her Poppy. Could my girls be ANY more in love with their grandfathers?! I absolutely love it.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Awwwww :) I love it!!

Grandfathers are so special to us girls!

...I'd marry my Poppie too if I could :)

Grandfathers are the best!

Have a great weekend with your family!

Amber said...

Kirkley adores my Dad. I love it. Just makes me melt!