Saturday, May 30, 2009

Preschool Program, Memorial Day, and Chowin' Down

The 21st was R's last day of preschool. Man, do we ALL already miss school!!! Anyways, her school is WONDERFUL (thanks to my fabulous cousin, Melissa), and they have a big fundraiser dinner and auction before the program. So of course, we did our part.... eating.
It was one of those days that I REALLY thought she looked so pretty and so big.
Here she is doing her thang. This girl LOVES her some singing, so it was way up her alley. I have it on video, but don't have the cord to upload it yet from that camera. Soon...
Clapping for herself (she's in the middle, by the way).
We LOVE these gals....Her sweet teachers:
Mrs. Elysha
Mrs. Lisa

On Memorial Day, we spent the day with the Isbells. Took the kiddos to the park near their house that just built a splash zone. Awesome! Why don't we have this by us?!?!?! Excuse the jealousy. Anyways, maybe if we had it close and could go often, Reagan would actually use it rather than just standing there....
She and Brandon looked adorable but scared to death. Here is R crouching...about 6 feet from the spot where water would actually dump on her.
Brandon has backed further away.
I don't blame them for steering clear of the dumping buckets, but THIS looks fun! And see how dry they still are?!
So, R just found a puddle to lay down in. Check out those cheeks. :)
You can't see it well unless it is bigger, but they found a small little sprayer and just stood over it. Eventually her hair did get wet, but not that much fun was had. Guess it is a bit old for 2 year-olds...Brooklyn and Elijah hung out on the blankets. This picture is boring, but look how albino my kid looks next to Elijah! Awesome.
Lately, B has been wanting to nurse like crazy. Like every 2 hours, and I was upset because there was no keeping up with her! I was complaining/worrying about it to Emily and she reminds me that B is almost 6 months.... probably hungry and ready for solids. Duh! So, we broke out the spoons this week. Here she is tasting cereal ....
Not sure what to think....
Look of total surprise....
Then the looks of total disgust.
It was hilarious.
Here are a few videos of it.... they are really funny to us, but mostly I'm posting videos for grandparents...

This one, you can tell she is just making the horrible face before the spoon even gets to her mouth!




In true Brooklyn style, she TRIES to be happy even though she is not sure about this!!! I liked that in the videos too.... she pops in a smile every once in awhile. Just 'cause that is how she rolls. Love this girl!
But, OH WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES!! This is about 18 hours later, round two with the foods. A little squash, a little cereal... man, she is now LOVING it. She "fusses" (B never gets fussy, at least in our standards next to Reagan as a baby. She just makes noises.) between every bite, telling me to go faster!!!
And this is what I see as soon as she swallows.




So, I guess feeding is going well so far! The chick likes to eat! So, she fits in around here. :) I've already thrown in some prunes for her.... I was a bit worried how this eating thing would affect her poo. (Sorry, but yes, I'm blogging about her poo!) It can be a big issue with spina bifida. So far, so good though! She has had no problems with the eating or the pooping, so please pray this continues! I know we are SO blessed to have a NICU graduate baby who nurses and eats so well... thank you LORD for this! Another answer to prayer for this girl!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Kirkley still isn't loving food. I think she'd still just be fine with only nursing!

Tracy said...

Love all of the pictures!! I bet it was precious to see R perform at her school program!!

Tell those 2 girls of yours to slow down! They are growing soooo fast!

Unknown said...

I am soo glad to hear B is eating so well and that she is doing good with it! Her little smile is just soo preciouse and warm my heart to see it.She is always in my prayers.

Brenna said...

I wouldn't like that fake cereal either! Gross!