Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Do I always have to think of a title??

Just a couple of cutie sisters and their "Purples."


These were all taken after first waking up... so I'm sure they are watching Dora.

We heard B waking up from her nap, and Reagan asked to go in and see her. This is what I found when I got there a couple minutes later. She went and got her own Purple, then climbed up in her bed with her. LOVE IT.

~
Ok, totally random story. But I just have to share. Yesterday I woke up in the middle of the night HURTING. Pretty sure I've got mastitis. I tried pumping several times in the night, causing not much sleep but much exhaustion, and nothing was helping. Woke up in the morning with low grade fever... yuck. Anyways, if you've ever gone through this while nursing, you'll KNOW how yucky of a day I had. (It is thankfully a little bit better today.) Anyways, nothing stops when mommies are sick, so I went to the grocery store. I'm heading past the florist to check out, and must have looked longingly at the roses on sale. They were gorgeous. I was actually thinking of buying myself some, just "because", but decided that was a waste of all my coupon savings. :) As I'm heading on to check out, one of the ladies who works at HEB (loooooooove that store, especially now!) sees me asks "Would you like those roses?" I say, thanks, but not this time. She then tells me I can have a dozen for free!! She said they were actually giving them out to senior citizen ladies that day, but that as a Mommy with a new baby... well, she thought this Mommy needed them today. MAN, DID THAT EVER MAKE MY DAY!! God must have known I needed a pick-me-up. Seriously, I know it is a little thing, but you gotta love that kind of little thing! So, here is what I now see on my kitchen table. :)

Hope you too have a fabulous day!

7 comments:

Amber said...

Ugh, I had that with Noah. I feel for you!

So sweet the flowers, a little smile from God!

Alli said...

What a sweet, sweet person to give you free flowers! And the timing couldn't have been more perfect.

Love that you got a pic of R in bed with B with her very own purple. Precious!

Pearson Family said...

I guess I am sleep deprived, but I got all teary when I read that about the roses. How special!

Tracy said...

I love those chubby little legs on B!!!! I wanna kiss 'em!!

And how sweet of the lady at the store to give you roses!!! :) That was so nice of her! It's good to hear that there are still kind, thoughtful people out there in the world today! :) Enjoy them :)

Mandy said...

Awwww..that is so sweet! Thst would have made my day! I looked at all you posts and you guys have been busy! Your girls are just so adorable. I love seeing how much they are growing.

Jen Mall said...

Okay, I must need a dozen roses...because I am totally tearing up reading that! I should drive to HEB in Houston and find that sweet lady!! Or maybe it was the sweet pic of your precious babies in bed together!!!

By the way...so glad you read my recent post and passed it on to Julie!!!

Amy said...

I'm so behind and had to get caught up with you guys! The pics with the "purples" are precious!! They are just the sweetest things sitting there together. I just love sisters!

So glad that solids are going well. That is awesome! That Brooklyn is getting so big, I can't believe it. She is beautiful!

Love you guys and praying always!