Friday, June 12, 2009

Half Birthday!

Every mom says this, but seriously, where did 6 months go!!! Brooklyn is just such the sweetest, easiest baby.... time has FLOWN. With Reagan, it seemed more like 6 YEARS than 6 months. (not that we didn't adore her, she was just a trying infant!!) With B, we blinked and she is halfway to her birthday. Crazy. Here is our sweet, smiley girl in her chair for her 6 month pictures. All we have to do is say her name and we get the biggest smiles. She seriously rocks my world.


Reagan pulled her pink chair right up next to her so she could talk to her and get her to smile too. Such a SWEET big sister! Can you tell Brooklyn LOVES her?!?!
She got a little loving ear pull in response.
Sweet kisses! Sweet sisters!
Her 6mo checkup isn't for a few weeks, for shot reasons. But last week she weighed right at
16 lbs! No surprise since she eats like crazy. We've had sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, peas, cereal of course, apples, prunes, and blueberries so far. Hasn't met a food she didn't like! She sleeps 11-12 hours straight through at night too! Her therapy is going well... she is starting to sit up for little bits of time on her own. I bet it won't be more than a week or so before she is sitting up for real. Tummy time of any kind is still a HUGE struggle... we keep working on it and building those trunk muscles. But she just hates it. Makes me hate it. But, we do what we can when we can. All this to say, easiest baby ever. When I think back to that day when we thought for awhile that we wouldn't get to have her.... well, it just makes her THAT MUCH MORE of a joy. She's a total delight.

Waking up from her nap, giving some lovin' to her baby. I like in this one how you can tell how big she is smiling without even seeing her mouth. :)
Just a couple cute naked shots in her high chair.
This one is SO Brooklyn.
Not sure what Reagan is doing in this picture, but it makes me laugh. Like, "Hello Mommy!! Over here!! Your first born!!" :) Yeah right, like she gets no attention.
Pulled out R's new pool last week, only to have about 15 mosquito bites at 3pm within the first 5 minutes. (Not sure what to do about that.... if you know of any waterproof mosquito solutions, please pass my way!!)
But, as you can see, she still had a blast with it!

I looooooove how this one shows off her big blue eyes!

This video will show why Brooklyn is going to eat us out of house and home. (yes, I know. It is another video of her eating. But this is my life, people. Feel free to skip it.) :) I'm gonna have to figure out how to make my own baby food! (I know HOW to, just don't know how to find the TIME to!) She scarfs down HUGE amounts of food, and if it keeps up at this rate, she'll be eating close to $20 a week in babyfood jars! So... any hints will be helpful. Notice how she squeals between bites if I am not getting it to her mouth fast enough! Cutie. :)




And here is the day I blew up the swimming pool. :)

And YAY!! We just got a new camera last night... an early present for David's birthday. It is AMAZING, so I am so looking forward to putting the gorgeous pics up for everyone to see! I'm still thankful for my little camera too that will always stay in the diaper bag... never know when the photo ops will hit! Happy weekend, everyone! :)

8 comments:

jaymie said...

first of all, I am going to tie Kanyon down and force him to watch that video of B for at least 3 hours a day and see if that helps him!!!! :) Second of all, if you do the baby food thing, I LOVE our magic bullet the food doesn't get "lost" in it like a big blender. It blends evenly and stuff, easy clean up.....my mom found a thing on William Sanoma that is like a steamer/blender in one. I think it was pricey, bu tmaybe worth it if it saves you time. Being able to steam it and blend it all at the same time. Just FYI. NO tsure if htat helps you make more time in your day to do it or not! :) your girls are ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!

Amber said...

Holy cow she can open her mouth!!!! Kirkley will open her mouth a tiny bit for about 5 spoonfuls now and that's an improvement!

I made 1 1/2 trays (ice cube trays) of baby food tonight in about 20 minutes. I used one yellow squash and a good fistful of carrots. It's very colorful!!!

The veggies probably only cost about 50 cents to 75 cents for the amount that I used.

Stacia said...

Love all your pictures. B is getting so big and I loved watching her eat =) I have a bug spray that says it is water proof. We haven't tried it out yet. It's the Cutter brand (orange top, green can) it says water resistant sport formula. Hope you can find it. My kids get eaten up fast by those little skeeters too!

The Speck family said...

Oh my word, could those two girls be any more beautiful? Brooklyn is precious beyond words and I am amazed by her eating and sitting skills~ way to go sweet girl!

Ashley said...

Sweet, Sweet girl! 6 months has gone fast! What a blessing. We continue to pray for her and her growing health!!

Natalie said...

Lovin' them both...it's nice to see R as a big sister. Owen is loving life as a big brother, so I can't wait to see him and June in 6 months. Congrats to you Momma!

Mandy said...

Just steam the veggies on the stove or in one of those microwavable bags and then use your blender to mush it up. I have a friend that just buys frozen veggies and cooks them on the stove, blends them and freezes it in ice cube trays. She takes them out after they are frozen and separates them in bowls/baggies. That sounds pretty easy, right? You can get several servings from one bag of frozen veggies.
They are too cute! Such blessings!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

I know other moms are way more dedicated to the homemade foot situation, but the Fincher babies always liked Gerber and Heinz better than mine, and I liked just opening the jars. We just put out the money and got a second mortgage. All that to say, I salute you if you start making your own, but otherwise you can join the ranks of the poor people who own towers of baby food jars. Hey, your girls are so beautiful! I love the pictures with both of them and the sweet big sister stories.