Friday, January 11, 2008

Precious Moments

--Last night, I had one of those moments that I wished I could burn into my memory and never forget. I figured the best way to do that would be to blog of course. I just have to brag on my sweet little girl for a minute. :) Our nightly routine with Reagan is bath, drink, brush teeth, give night-night kisses, say night-night prayers, then bed. Probably similar to what most of you do... Anyways, she went and gave Granddaddy kisses (David was working, yuck) and we grabbed her Snugglie to rock for a minute. I asked her if she was ready for night-night prayers, and she put her Snugglie down and said "Da." (yes, in Russian.) Usually, I say her prayers, thanking God for all our family members, for our day, praying for our friends having babies, etc, and she agrees with me by nodding her head and saying Da. But she put her Snugglie down and started all by herself! She slapped her "praying hands" together without me asking, then started in her little voice and language,
"...Granddaddy....MaMommy(Grandmommy)... Poppy... Mammy(Grammy)... Daddy... Granddaddy... Mommy... Granddaddy." (all the "..." being her gibberish language inbetween that only God can understand)
So, after mentioning Granddaddy for the third time, I guess that ended her prayer because she picked her Snugglie back up and buried her face in it. For Reagan, it was a day for parents and grandparents. Anyways, it was the sweetest thing I think she has done in her whole life, and that says a lot since she is sweet a lot! I just figure the quiet voice of an 18 month old saying her own prayers has got to melt the heart of God even more than it did mine! I had to explain to Daddy when I came out of her room crying. Such a precious moment.
--Oh, and to settle all the suspense, here is my Christmas present from Jim and Katie. It's our own 16x20 oil painting, and yes, I am going to be one of those vain people that have a painting of themselves in their living room! My MIL is an identical twin, and her twin (Reagan's GREAT Aunt Mary) is a phenomenal artist. She just finished it and sent the pic to me so I could see it before she ships it. It wasn't a surprise, I knew it was my present. But although I have seen her paintings and I knew I would love it, I had no idea how much! It will be such a treasure to me and to Reagan forever! So so fun. I'll show pics when I get it hung up... I just love love love it!! Click on it to see it better... I think my favorite parts are our hands. They really look just like my hands and Reagan's!! And she gave me an extra half-carat or so on my diamond earrings, which is always a bonus. :) Not that I wish they were bigger, honey....
Anyways, hope your weekend is great and full of life's precious moments! I am being beckoned to go watch Bob and Larry... gotta run. :)

10 comments:

Tracy said...

Yep...the talk about Reagan saying her own little prayer all by herself left me with tears in my eyes. How sweet. You will never forget that prayer.

And the paiting! WOW. That is amazing. She did such a great job and you will love looking at it every single day.

Ashley said...

So sweet. I love her. I can't wait to meet her one day soon! Those moments are the precious ones we live for!

Melissa Taylor said...

That story of Reagan's prayer makes me think of my own kids saying their first prayers. I cherish that memory too. I am pleased to tell you that that feeling will continue each and every time they pray! Morgan says some things in her prayers that I never expect to hear from a 10 year old - it's just amazing to witness her growing relationship with God on a daily basis. Haleigh has just really begun thinking of others more than herself in her prayers, and this is such a joy to see. Jacob is still at that stage where he thanks God for EVERYTHING - so sweet. Those are just precious, precious times! The painting is absolutely amazing. What a special gift!

Mandy said...

That is the single most precious thing I have heard in a long time....other than my own daughter's giberish. Reagan is an absolute doll! I noticed that she and Ella have the same hair style and both of us do their hair almost the exact same way. I thought that was funny :) I love the pebbles look!

Krystal said...

There is nothing sweeter than listening to a little one pray, but when they are your own, WOW!, it does make you melt!

Love the painting! What a wonderful gift!

*Kendra* said...

Precious! Give her a kiss and a "squeeze" from us. Love yall!

amie said...

Such a sweet prayer! That painting is awesome..and you will love it forver!

Andrea W. said...

I love those "cherish in your heart" moments! What a sweetie.
The painting is amazing!

Mauri said...

The painting seriously gave me chills. I LOVE it!

and from one girl that loves russia to another, I love that she says "da"... that is so precious!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

She is such a big girl now! You can tell by the pictures what a happy girl she is, and that says a lot for y'all. Love y'all!