Thursday, January 17, 2008

Don't Let This Go to Your Head, Steve

Blog friends, meet our friend, Steve Peifer. Reagan got to meet him face to face for the first time a couple weeks ago, and let me say that he came a close second to her Dora Phone at the time, as you can see in the picture. That is impressive. Steve and his family have moved back to Kenya after being in the States for several months, and since he claims he is an avid Reagan's-blog-reader, I thought I would give him a shout out to say HI!
I have a link to Steve's blog over there in the K's -------------------------------------->, but click HERE if you have a few minutes (even if you don't, do it anyway) to see about the Peifer's work in Kenya. It will inspire and bless you beyond words, so seriously, grab a Coke and a straw and watch and be inspired and blessed. The Peifers have been friends with the Beavers for forever, but since I have been a Beaver, I pretty sure I am now his favorite. Scratch that, Reagan is. :) His most recent 15 minutes of fame was when he WON CNN's Hero For Children Award for his mission work, and got to accept his award live, in NYC, in HDtv, from the presenter Tyra Banks! We watched it and were so proud he didn't drool on her dress. :) I would send you the link to CNN about it, but they have changed the site for nominations for 2008. Anyways, if you are looking for a way to richly use some extra pocket change for the Kingdom of God, link to Steve's blog and you can find out how to help. He and his family are literally being Jesus to thousands of kids in Kenya, feeding, educating, and loving them as Christ would.

Dude, we are so blessed by your work over there. Thank you for your amazing example to David and me in what it means to have a heart like Christ. We love y'all!

4 comments:

Steve Peifer said...

I am SO honored; beats the HECK out of CNN!

Tracy said...

sounds like a great guy/family! ...and tyra banks? i bet all of his guy friends were sooo jelous!!

Ashley said...

WOW! How amazing. What an honor.

Michael and Katie said...

Hey Jodi! I was really happy to find your blog. Sorry we missed you at Thanksgiving this year. In case my mom did not tell you, Michael and I are expecting a baby girl in March and we are so excited! Hope you guys are doing well. Love you! Cousin Katie