Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Oh What Fun...

First of all, let me show off my new friend Charlie!!! This was from last weekend at the shower for him and his Mommy, Amie. And, let's be honest, the party was probably also a little for his grandmothers! :) Anyways, he and I are SUCH good friends now! Although I am not sure what Reagan thinks of that. She walked up at church when I was holding him and giving him his bottle, and she FREAKED out! Yeah, she doesn't seem to like to share her Mommy too much! I told her to suck it up!

Oh, and you can also see my old friend (in terms of how long we have been friends), Tracy. Just wanted to give her a shout out since she is a faithful reader! And since she may be Reagan's MIL someday! :) Plus, Gay, if you are reading this, I still have and still LOVE the necklace you gave me years ago! Sported it that day. :)

Ok, on to what I was going to show you. Yesterday, Reagan was in rare form. We went out to check the mail like we always do, but I put her down to walk up to the porch and the door. Man, she thought that had to be the most fun EVER! So she insisted on doing it again, and again, and again. I sat in the grass and watched... and watched... and watched... then finally got the camera. Here she is walking back down the sidewalk to me.
And making a pit stop to feel the bark mulch of course.
Then taking a NOSE-DIVE into the grass beside me! We live on a HUGE hill, so the grass slopes immediately. She walked into the grass, then just bit it head first! She got over it really fast and thought it was funny. She had dirt in her mouth even!
Back up to the door. This step is big to a one year old! She found ways to work it...
Then back down...
... then over to pat Daddy's cool Longhorn rock in the flowerbed...
... then back up to the door...
... then back down... (get the picture? It was so funny!)
Close-up of the sweaty girl. I LOVE my camera zoom!
Super-smiley close up of the super-sweaty girl! This was hard work!
Of course we had to have some refreshment after that workout. (in this picture, her expression looks EXACTLY like her Daddy when he was little.)
Holding out her juice to share with Mommy. Obviously, I wasn't quite as tuckered from this as she was! But it was sweet to ask!
Ok, thanks for letting me share that. It may have been one of those "had to be there" moments, but I got a huge kick out of it!


8 comments:

Tracy said...

Thanks for the shout out :) Yes, I just may be her MIL one of these days! Atleast they are both UT fans :)

That little stinker! Looks like she enjoyed the sidewalk just a little bit :) How cute. They find something fun and then want to repeat it 100 times...it never gets old to them. That's funny how sweaty she got! Hard workout:)

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

she is so funny!

Dora! Dora! Dora! Grandaddy!

Love that little stinker and um...I guess I will let her date that other man. Only because I know Elijah will sweep her off her feet with his handsome looks.

Love you-praying for you! :)
Susan

Julie said...

Love it!! Up, she does look exactly like David right there. Good thing he's such a cutie! Also, I am so jealous that you got to meet Charlie and see Tracy and everyone! I wish sooooo mucht that I could have been there. Miss you bunches...J

Marli said...

I cannot wait to see you guys in a month. Reagan has literally grown up since I saw her last. Such a cutie.

Ashley said...

These are the sweet moments that make being a mom worth it! I love it. Plus it was good to see picutres of you too. I miss you!

Hollie Reese said...

That is so funny! I bet she wore herself out. That might be a good "pre-nap" exercise every day!

Andrea W. said...

Glad Reagan knows how to get a good workout! P.S. Jodi your hair looks so thick, healthy, and pretty! I'm so jealous b/c mine's going through the dry and falling out stage.

Blake, Kenzie, Wyatt and Walker said...

Looks like Reagan loves to be outside and that will be good if you plan to send her to Camp Deer Run. I loved the UT stone. We will have to get us one of those. I bet it was a blast meeting Charlie. I cant wait to meet Thatcher! Have a good week!