Friday, August 31, 2007

I've Been Tagged...

I was officially tagged by Tiffany (unofficially by Susan) to tell you 8 random facts about myself. At first thought I figured this would be hard being that I am completely normal and have no random or quirky qualities. But it has taken me no time to come up with these and I have had to limit myself to 8. Go figure. Feel free to read them if you would like to know that I am a bit crazy!! And stay tuned for some pics that I will post tomorrow. Reagan and I both have been sick this week... so I am behind.

Here are the rules:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules. (if you don’t have a blog, email me)
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

1. I am a HUGE sports fanatic. This time of year (officially yesterday, but really TOMORROW!) is my favorite when college football starts... followed closely by NFL in a couple of weeks. I passionately love football. But I will watch any sport on television, whether I know the team or know the sport doesn't matter. ESPN is my favorite channel and I will watch the reruns of Sports Center that I have already seen previously that night. Wait, I do hate boxing. Hate it. But I'll watch anything else. David thanked my dad when he "asked for my hand" for raising me right. :)

2. Tiff, I too eat one thing at a time! I will finish a portion of something on my plate before moving on to another food. I also PRAISE the person who came up with the divided plate! I hate for my food to touch. I do have my own method for what gets eaten first... whatever will cool off the fastest gets eaten first. That is why salad should be the end of the meal instead of the beginning because it doesn't get cold!

3. I prefer a bath to a shower. My husband thinks this is gross. My way of redeeming this is that I often take 2 baths a day, and I usually waste water (I know, I know...) by draining the dirty water out and not sitting in it and then refilling it. I probably prefer baths because I had quite some time with my bum foot that I HAD to take baths, and I found that they are SO relaxing! I do shower sometimes too though.

4. I have to put my makeup on sitting down. I have to. No idea why. I have no where to sit in our bedroom or bathroom really, so I sit on the floor. Sometimes I wait to put it on in the car, if I am in the passenger seat, which is perfect because I'm sitting and it saves time.

5. I have a freak memory. Not photographic or anything, and I don't remember movies lines or stats like David or my brother, but I can remember stuff that most normal people don't. I remember what present we took to my cousin's 2 year old birthday party (a Miss Piggy hand puppet) when I was 3. I remember what my bedroom looked like when I was still in a crib. I can tell you ALL the names of all my teachers for every grade in school. I remember what outfit I wore on every birthday of my childhood and exactly what my party was like. I can probably tell you make and model of all my friends' cars from high school. Nyal Henry's birthday is April 16. But I have no idea what I ate for lunch yesterday. I don't remember EVERYTHING...

6. I'm a fast walker. I think I can blame Daddy for this as well! One of my biggest pet pieves is being forced to walk slow behind slow-walkers. You know, like at a concert or sporting event or somewhere with crowds? Hate it! In college, I would actually go off the sidewalk and pass people on the grass; not because I was in a hurry to get to class or anywhere really, but just because I walk faster than most people and I can't stand slowing down. David feels this way while driving, but driving behind slow people doesn't bother me nearly as badly as walking. No idea why.

7. It is an absolute necessity to have my toenails painted. Since being a stay at home Mom, I have sacrificed the pedicure luxury, but I paint them pretty myself! Even in the winter when no one really sees my toes, they have to be painted. My fingernails are a different story. I clip them SHORT (almost everyday) and they are never painted. I used to paint them in like junior high, but never really since. And if you can see ANY whites on my fingernails then they are TOO long.

8. Every night, I sing myself to sleep... in my head. (Honestly, I don't know that I have EVER told anyone this!) I always seem to start "thinking" about who-knows-what when I lay down to go to bed, and for years the way I keep from doing this is to sing a song in my head until I go to sleep. I guess that is my "counting sheep." The funny part is that the song I usually end up with is this lullaby that Alicia made up when we were...oh... about 5 years old that we sang to our Cabbage Patch Kids! It is dumb, it doesn't rhyme, it says "Go to sleep and dream" over and over in it, and I would NEVER sing it outloud, even to Reagan! But it puts me to sleep most nights. Man, I am a huge dork.

Ok, so those are the first 8 I came up with, and there are definitely more. I am officially tagging Kendra, Rachel, Ashley, Paige, Amie, Jaymie, Julie (any of you Julies I guess!), and Tracy. Everyone else is free to consider themselves "tagged" as well, but thought you 8 might actually read through all that mess!

7 comments:

Connor, Kaylee, Tripp, Thatcher, and Truett said...

I don't think we needed a list of 8 random facts to know you are crazy:) Loved reading all about em'.
I am very impressed you still find time to put on make-up. I think about it a lot of mornings, but someone always seems to find a way to distract me from doing it.
I have come to realize that being a full time Mom, in a lot of ways, is more challenging then my job at the camp was, but I am enjoying every minute of it. It sounds like you are too.

Unknown said...

I think you have to pick a Kendra too.

Jodi said...

Any Kendra!

Kimberly said...

Jodi - So wierd, in reading your blog about you remembering things... you remembered Nyal Henry's bday? I know NYAL HENRY. He worked at Chili's with me when I was teaching in Arlington. Do you know him from high school? Has to be the same person, his birthday was April 16 - and really, how many NYAL's do you know? So wierd!
Loved your list!
Kimberly

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

your list cracks me up, i have a few i could add for you but I am trying not to be that sort of friend. I want to build you up NOT call out your strange "feet" issues.

Hee! Hee! Love you girl
s

amie said...

You were being discussed at church Sunday..the cabbage patch song!! Love to know everyones weird "things"..I too must praise the inventor of divided plates!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

I will never see you in the same light after reading your list. For real, that was fun to read, and Reagan is just getting to be such a big girl. Sleep has kept me out of the blog loop more lately, so I just couldn't get over how much she's growing! Y'all have fun! Love, Robyn