Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Urgent Prayers Needed


I am almost glad to ask this for some reason. Maybe because I have had, unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it, the chance several times in the last year to pray for the babies of dear friends of mine... it is amazing to be on the other side of God's answers and praise Him for what He has done! So with a worried but faithful heart I ask your prayers for Bennett Mitchell Speck, the son of my friends Travis and Kelly from ACU. He is 3 days old and VERY VERY sick. The scary kind that only God can heal. Please say a prayer that God takes hold of the infections in Bennett's body and makes him well. You can also view his website here. Thank you dear friends for the prayers for this precious family.

7 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

I started my day praying and haven't stopped since and somehow i just knew that yet again our hearts would be joined in prayer.

We may be miles away but when it comes to our friends and praying we are on the same page.

Love you friend,

Susan

PS Jeff just came in and said he lost 60 lbs, I don't even want to know what that means Hee!Hee!

Melissa Taylor said...

It's so sad what can happen to babies. It makes you really thankful for the healthy ones we have, huh? My prayers and thoughts are with them.

Anonymous said...

I am following 4 babies right now and praying for them all... 3 I have found out about from you! (Bennet, Charlie and fam, and Kanyon.) I know no matter what happens God uses these babies for good of us all!

Ashley said...

tears. It just brings me to tears.

Kiss sweet Reagan for me

amie said...

I have been praying and will keep praying..I just got a chance to look at all your pics and they are awesome!!

Unknown said...

I have been praying for little Bennett, too. It makes me SO sad to think of Travis and Kelly living one of every parents' worst nightmares. I HATE it, but I know we serve a loving, faithful and gracious God and that He is in control.

Off subject, I LOVE Reagans's pig-tails! Too cute! She is such an expressive little thing. I think she and Jackson would get into a lot of trouble together when they weren't sitting in their little chairs watching TV, that is! Also, I am glad you are in support of the whole kitchen issue!

Blake, Kenzie, Wyatt and Walker said...

It was so good to hear from you! We will keep your friends in our prayers. Kaylee is doing better. She goes to the doctor Monday and we will know more. I will keep everyone updated. Again, We will be praying!