Thursday, April 05, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Precious Things from My Week:
1. Hubby brought home "For No Reason Roses". Sweet boy.
2. Reagan starting to crawl on Sunday.
3. Reagan pulling up on stuff already by Wednesday!
4. Susan thinking to call on me when she needed a shoulder to cry on for a bit. Love ya girl.
5. This weekend, we get to celebrate Easter with some dear friends and Reagan's adopted Grandma. She wants to dye eggs with a 9 month old. "Precious." (I'm sure I'll have pics!)
6. Monday night, David's astronaut friends came over for dinner... the ones that did the space walks in Dec. This is probably not in the precious category, but it needed noting anyways. Fun times. One guy, SUPER nice, commented on Reagan's head being in the same club as his big head! Proof of what I have said all along that it is to hold big brains.
7. Yesterday afternoon, I went to get Reagan up from her nap to find her standing in her crib. First time ever. (Moved the mattress down last night.)
8. Took Reagan in to let her doc listen to her cough. He was great, said how beautiful she is (music to a Mommy's ears), and did her 9 mo well-baby visit while we were there to save me a trip and some $$. :)
9. David is taking me to see Wicked this weekend. My birthday present finally here! He hates musicals, but says "once a year, I take my girl to the theatre." Precious.
10. Reagan started signing... asked for "more" while in her high chair. See? Big Brains!
11. My parents sent Reagan a package in the mail for Easter... complete with bunny ears! Pics to come.
12. I got to "pay it forward" yesterday by making supper for some friends who have a new baby. So many took such good care of us when Reagan came that I love the chance to do the same. Got to see the little guy... precious.
13. The best for last... this picture. CAN NOT GET ANY SWEETER! Meet Jaymie and Kanyon. :) She is asking that we pray specifically for his breathing... the docs are hoping to take him off the ventilator. Make God continue to watch over this precious boy and his family!

3 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

you are precious! thank you for being my friend and allowing me to bend your ear this week, I really needed you and you were there as always. Can't wait to hear all about Reagan's first Easter and Wicked. I will call you sometime next week to chat with the two of you! :)

Unknown said...

Great list! I hope you have fun seeing Wicked! I love going to musicals and such. As for Reagan pulling up, put your feet up now because things are about to move a lot faster at your house! She really will be running in no time, and once that time comes, there is NO stopping them! I can't wait to see the bunny ears pictures! My philosophy on the bunny ears is that until Jackson is old enough to protest, the bunny ears are staying despite Boone's protests! : )

Also, I have been meaning to ask you this for some time, but what church do you go to? Just curious. We have been attending League City Church of Christ on Wednesday nights, and I have been thinking of trying to enroll Jackson in a one day a week Mother's Day Out program for next year at Clear Lake Church of Christ. We go to church in Galveston on Sunday mornings and while it is quite unfortunate, our situation is complicated thus we can't figure out a way to leave.

Rachel said...

She is such a little smarty pants! I can't wait to see her. And will you invite the astronauts over next time I come to your house? Thanks!