Tuesday, April 02, 2013

January Catch-Up

Yay... caught up on the holidays!!
 
The day after Christmas, a cute little 6 year old got the training wheels off of her bike (she had been begging for this and we just hadn't gotten around to it...) and was a PRO on the first try.  Had a few falls, but nothing major.  Could totally do it right off the bat.  Yay Reagan!!!

 Our driveway and street are NOT bike friendly, so we pack them up and go to the park or Reagan's school.  Both girlies love their bikes!!!  Brook is also a pro at hers!  Never gets old...
Another cold (and RAINY) day, walking to school.  So cute all bundled up.

 Brook stayed in her footy pj's in the stroller, and was so serious about her umbrella-holding.
There is a section in main hall at school where the art teacher occasionally selects projects for display.  Reagan's clay duck was chosen in January, her first time to have her artwork in a "gallery."  :)

In that pic above, R's front tooth is dangling.  So, it got yanked.  :)  I love how cute kids look with missing teeth!  But makes me sad too because they change so fast... I cried for a pretty unreasonable amount of time that night after seeing this smile.:
 Girls had a babysitter and convinced her they both needed in R's bed.  I love it.
 One of the greatest things about Texas is going to the zoo in January.  I mean, it is awesome to do outside stuff in the winter!  We had a Beaver Family Fun day one Saturday, which means we not only went to the zoo (we have passes), but we also did all the extra stuff that we usually are too cheap to spend the money on.  The girls were in heaven with these aliens (with open wallets) that had taken over their parents...
Tunnel through the pirana tank.  Always a hit.



 Up close and personal with a hedgehog

 And some lizard or something...

 Trips like this are different now that Reagan wants to read about everything!  I love it.

 

 

 Sorry.
I can't help but document this story.
I had the camera out and was trying to get artsy-fartsy with my (lack of) photography skills... getting a pic of the tigers with David and Reagan's reflection in the glass.  And as I start to click, the boy tiger bit her on the ear then just went for it.  Got his groove on right in front of my children and my camera is clicking away.  David and I were trying SO hard not to laugh and bring about questions, but it was so funny and weird.  "Oooooooookaaay girls, let's go see the, um, giraffes!"

 A little dancing in the african hut
 Yep. On Beaver Family Fun Day, we spend the cash for lettuce leaves to feed the giraffes.  :)
Brook, however, chickened out  decided to let Mommy have a turn.
 And the cool aliens paid for the 15 minute 4D Dora movie that costs as much as a regular movie at the theaters!!!!  Scoring points right and left, I tell ya.

 Always love the carousel. 


 Proof I was there.
 "Look Mommy, no hands!"
 Now, holding hands.  :)
 Beaver Family Fun Day train ride!!!
 Hook 'em.
 We even hit the gift shop.  Great day all around.  :)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looks like a fun day! Your girls are so cute :)

Alli said...

I'm still laughing about the tigers! Lady tiger looked less than thrilled. :) As always, wonderful pics!

JoyLynn Edwards said...

I remember taking Jacob and Jonathan to the Little Rock Zoo...and the tigers got with it. If I remember correctly, I had some explaining to do...and they didn't want to go on to see the other animals....Don't think I got a picture though.