Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Caddo Thanksgiving 2011

It was a Caddo year for Thanksgiving for us, and it was absolutely fabulous.  The weather was PERFECT, the kids played so well together, the food was good, and our teams won by field goals!  All in all, greatness.
My parents have put this trailer out there for us to stay in when we go.  Here are the girls playing on Reagan's bunk the first night we arrived.  We stay in the lap of luxury!  I love this picture.
 Brooklyn got to do LOTS of bonding with lots of folks, especially Adam.  She and Uncle Amoo had some great times together... many of them out on the "bridge."
 Corbin and Brady. :)
 Can't hardly see it, but B is holding a "drum" stick and playing her "drums."
 Brady was just chillin' here by himself for a bit, looking cute.  :)  I think he got annoyed at me, though, for snapping his picture over and over! 
 The lake was the lowest anyone had ever seen.  The kids LOVED it, though.  They had all this extra room to play in, out amongst the trees that are usually in water.  Made their own little "clubhouse" next to this big one.  It was their rubber-boots paradise.  ;)
 More drums.  Sitting down this time.
 And showing off her mad skills to her drummer-uncle.
 Some of the big kids out at the "clubhouse."  For those that know Caddo, I was standing next to the fish sink on the pier when I took this photo, facing the left.  All dry land.  So weird.
 The "club" was the Tomboy Frog Club (?).  There were oaths that had to be said to join, as well as hold a baby frog in your hands for 30 or so seconds.  Here, Thibaut is being sworn in!!
 Silly Cason!  Those McAdams boys were not fans of my camera.
 I. Love. This. One.  Crazy kids.
Adley, Reagan, Abby, Corbin, Cason, and Emma
 Reagan talked her Daddy into taking off the training wheels of the bike so she could give it a whirl.  The ground there is CERTAINLY not the best for learning to ride, but she gave it some good tries!  Not quite ready yet, though.  It was fun regardless!!  Of course, the tongue sticks out the whole time...
 Sweet Adley anticipating a Brooklyn-hug...
 Brady, however, TOTALLY learned how to ride without training wheels while we were there!!!
 FUN!!!!  Thanks, Aunt Missy!!!!

 Adam's turn helping out.  Sucka.  :)  I love how she is totally posing for my camera and Adam is doing all the work!
 Corbin on the ramp.  Surely I caught this AFTER he got lots of air.
 Adley's turn on the big bike.  There was lots of bike time.
 I guess Adley was trying to get Brooklyn into the club.  I can't BELIEVE she talked her into holding that frog in her hands!  If you see this one up close, you can tell Brook wasn't a fan... but she was trying to be brave!
 Adley handing out frogs all around...
 The Big Boys and a game of washers.  There was TONS of laughter during this game... not sure what about, but it was fun to hear.
 Lowe Ann but and boiled a bunch of cypress knees (this whole post sounds so redneck... I love it!) for all the kids.  Reagan REALLY got into peeling hers.  She loves that thing... her Caddo souvenir.

 What was I saying about redneck?!  After it warmed up a bit... I ventured out towards the clubhouse to find my child looking like this:
 When Ad saw my camera, she hit this pose and said "Did you get my good side?!!"  I was laughing so hard, I can't believe this picture is in focus!


 Action shot!  There was no hook on her line, just a weight.  She had no idea.  Works great for me!
 These girls had a blast together.  Makes me so happy.
 Beautiful Adley.
 She never ceases to amaze me... plays so good with ALL the kids.  (although she evidently was the instigator of the "tinkle tree!"  Way too reminiscent of when we were little!!)  Here she is hanging out with Brady.
 Then, Brady fell from his seat like this!  And she bailed!  I was so happy to get it on camera!!  He was laughing SO HARD!
 Granna leading a fantastic game of Simon Says by the fire that night.  So funny!! Even Brooklyn played, and seemed to really get it.

Nothing like a good East Texas Lake Thanksgiving!
So glad my girls get to grow up with these memories!

No comments: