Thursday, December 22, 2011

Party Hardy

I have over 1500 Disney World pictures to tackle.
Best job ever.  :)
So before that madness begins, and all the Christmas pictures, guess I should finish up Brooklyn's birthday!!!  For the record, if you can't tell, our December has been AMAZING.
~
Since we left for Disney on B's birthday, we had her party the weekend before with just family and our small group friends.  She wanted a Cat in the Hat party, and it was fun for me to plan!  She also wanted it at ChuckECheese, and my bank account so didn't.  Thus, we went and played there for an hour beforehand with everyone that could make it.  Then, back to our house for lunch and party.  It was way fun.
Before everyone arrived, I had to take some pictures of the food and decor... so that hopefully someday my children will validate me and be thankful for all the party planning.
Also for the record, it is impossible to find blue cotton candy at the store for the tops of cupcakes when a birthday is in December.  It is no where to be found.  So, the Thing 1 and Thing 2 cupcakes had no hair.  But the kids didn't seem to care...


 Amber, thanks SO much for the idea of party favors!  They were a hit.  Crayon rolls for the littles, marker rolls for the "bigger" kids.





 Amie, recognize those tissue paper poms?!  I put them to good use.
 Excited little Bday Girl... and some running.  I absolutely LOVE the ponytails-in-motion.  Her shirt (which I didn't get an official picture of her wearing that day... boo) has Thing 1 and Thing 2... says "Wait 'til you see my NEXT trick!"  SO perfect for our little rockstar!!!  David and I bought it for her in Florida last summer, having no idea this would be her party theme.  Perfect.  :)

 She sat with her hands like this for the entire time that we sang to her.  :)
 Yep, the kids liked the red velvet cupcakes even without the blue hair.





 Even baby Etta!!


 Present-time!!
 Thank you hugs to Sister.
 Can you tell she had A LOT of help opening her presents?!


 We gave her this tent and new pillow cases for her new big girl bed.  The tent helps her stay in and on the bed... she loves it and it gives me comfort for getting her out of her crib.  Win win.  Happy girl!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Look at you! You did an amazing job on her birthday!!!! :) Everything looked great and yummy! Happy #3 to B! :)