Tuesday, August 02, 2011

More July and Birthday

Goodness, I am almost done with July... now that it is August.  Side note: 8 years ago today, I was standing next to the most handsome man ever saying "I do."  Luckies girl ever, although I am well aware it is NOT luck.  It was hot that day too.  :)  And man, I miss that dress.  It really is a shame that we only get one chance to wear the dress... I loved that dress.  I would put a picture, but I am too lazy to scan right now. 
~
Here is a pic of the girls on July 8, watching space shuttle Atlantis launch... the last shuttle mission in history.  David and I got to go to Florida to watch it land, which was SO cool.  (more on that in another post)
My parents came in town that weekend for R's party.  Dad brought some envelopes to stuff for work, and paid Reagan to do them.  She took this job VERY seriously.
Opening one of her gifts from Grandmommy and Granddaddy: new backpack and lunchbox for Kindergarten.  Grandmommy has a tradition of giving that special backpack for that special year... can't believe she is big enough now!  Can you tell she was excited?

We had her 5th bday party at the city pool.  Here are Melissa and Cason, just chilling before getting in.
Granddaddy and Brooklyn, with cutie Caleb on the right.
Reagan and her buddy, Will.  The squirt gun party favors (Will is going to town with it) were a big hit... gotta love DollarTree.
It was WINDY, so we had to anchor everything down on the table.  I had plans of making it SO cute, but didn't quite happen with the wind.  Oh well, I think I was the only one sad about that.
More squirting fun with Will and Brady.
Grandmommy and Brooklyn.  Not sure what I would have done for the party without my parents there to help with B (and everything else)!
The cake.
Someone remind me not to put too much effort into cute cupcakes for an outside bday party in the summer... the icing just melted right off.  Again, I bet I am the only one who cared.
We got one candle lit in the wind, then had her blow it out QUICK style.
Kisses for my birthday girl.
Oh, how I love James Austin's robe!
Opening presents... Strawberry Shortcake coloring set!
I love how excited Brady is about this present... a Barbie.  And Will (looking at the camera) gave it to her... his face is priceless.
Thank you hugs for Brady.
Our friend/babysitter-extraordinaire Kinsey brought presents for little sis... lollipops.  She knows my kids well.  :)  One might think that Brooklyn liked it!
Thank you hugs for the grandparents.
David, swiping some icing and giving it to Jonathan.
All cool uncles have to do that.
Look closely and you can see Brooklyn's blue lips, teeth, and chin... and a booger in her nose.  Nice.
Love this girl and her expressive eyes!
LOVE this one!

R used her own money to buy a matching Rapunzel dress for her BuildABear(Bunny) to go with the dress we got her for her bday.  They are all decked out... Grandmommy and Granddaddy got her light-up Rapunzel shoes, and I made her the long braid.  (one of the best ideas ever I stole from a blog... they wanted like $40 bucks or something for one similar from the DisneyStore!)  We LOVE Rapunzel!
More to come!!  And btw, the paci thing with B is MUCH better... she asks for it sporatically, but doesn't seem to mind.  She laughs and says "I throw it in trash!!! HAHAHA!!"

1 comment:

Amber said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! The cake was adorable and I love the pic of R in the towel snuggling with your mama---so sweet.