Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Talking Videos!!

I think I've got these to work using youtube.  Blogger evidently finds my videos unacceptable. 
Here are the ones that were SUPPOSED to be on the previous post!!!  :)
Couple of things:
1) Most of my videos of conversations with B take place while changing her diaper or her clothes.  She knows it all takes awhile, with her velcro straps and everything, and it is the most still she is all day.  We have our little chats, and I love it.  Thus, she has no clothing on in these... mid-wardrobe change.  :)

2) She still has to work REALLY hard to get her words out.  It does NOT come naturally to her, and she really has to THINK about forming her words with her mouth and getting them out.  In therapy, we break EVERYTHING down with syllables and work slowly and carefully.  She works so hard!  But that is why it amazes me so much when she does just talk... she can use those little muscles to make her words come out at a pretty quick pace even though it is really hard and doesn't work the same as for you and me.  So, you'll see her mess up some words and say them over and over again until they come out right for her... part of her "thinking" process that we see so much in her speech.

3) EVERY TIME I get the video camera out, she asks to "see it."  She wants to watch on the screen.  So I am constantly moving her hands away to keep her from taking it from me!  Especially when she is cranky and tired.  Sorry.

4) In the last one, she has a green lovely bruise in between her eyes and oreos from dinner all over face.  NICE. 






And yes, I did take a video of Reagan "dancing" when this was over... good grief.  :)

6 comments:

jaymie said...

Loooooove them! Loooove her!! Love YOU!

Tracy said...

CUTE! Sweet stinker pants :)

Alli said...

Jodi, this made me tear up with joy! What a cute stinker pot she is. :)

Vesti said...

THIS MADE MY DAY!!!!!! SO PROUD OF HER!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

there are no words to describe the joy these videos bring to my day! love it, Mommy Beaver! Love. It!

Mauri said...

Oh, I love that silly goose! She has the SWEETEST voice I've ever heard! Praising God along with you for the precious ongoing miracle she is! Love you all!