Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of Kinder

I told David this morning (through some mega-tears that I did a FABULOUS job hiding from my eldest) that I am so happy for her, just so sad for me.  I can't believe how fast August 22, 2011 has come.  Seriously.  And I also know that we will BOTH love that she is in school... just not for me, today.  Maybe tomorrow. 
~
Brook had to get her happy self in the picture this morning.  Poor baby sister, walking around the house all morning, "Where Ray-gun Bee-vuh go?!"
  So happy!
 So sassy!!  :)
 Little kid + big backpack = such cuteness.
 Makes me cry just looking at it.
 Her teacher, Ms. Croft!  SO HAPPY to see her this morning! (more on that in a minute...)
 Found her seat....
 Found a pink crayon, off to work.  :)  She had one TINY "moment" as she blew me a kiss as we left... I could see it in her eyes.  But I know she is LOVING it!
Have to write this down to remember it... for when B is going to school and I have another freakout, I can remember the calm that was brought to me this morning.  :)
On Thurs, we were SUPPOSED to go meet the teacher, see her classroom, etc.  Found out when we got there that they needed another section of Kinder, and were going to have to interview and TRY to hire someone in 2 days.  And.... of course Reagan was placed in the new teacher's class. 
So, we didn't get to meet her teacher or see her classroom.  They told us they might even have a sub for the first few days, not sure.  I was a WRECK.  The thought of taking her in, not even know who I was going to be leaving her with, wondering if they would just hire some crappy teacher that was unemployed for a REASON... all of that was making me so nervous.
I told her yesterday that I was going to spend ALL day Sunday praying about Kindergarten... praying for her day to be great, praying for her new teacher, her new friends... that it would all just be perfect.  She says, "well, you can pray if you WANT TO, but you don't have to, Mommy.  I'm NOT scared, I'm really EXCITED!"  Annnnnnnnnnd, God gave me my answer.  Awesome.
So, still nervous but trying to be trusting, we take her this morning.  And my prayers were answered... again.  They DID hire a new teacher, and she was there waiting for us.  In an adorable room all decorated in lime green with brown owls and pink flowers.  She's young, adorable, enthusiastic, so obviously happy to be there, and had to have worked her tail off over the weekend to get everything ready.  Put my heart right at ease... thank you Lord.  We brought her a candy bouquet for a gift... never hurts to suck up a bit.  :)
~
So, it is quiet around here.  REALLY quiet.  Brooklyn is asleep (still have to try and figure out naptime schedule for her... sheesh!), and I am so ready for 3:15.  I realized I forgot to pack her drink in her lunch... CRAP!!!  Didn't want her to be thirsty on her first day!  So, had to drive back up there and ask them to deliver it to her.  *sigh* I miss her.  Can't wait to hear all about her day!!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Can't wait to hear about her day...which we know went great!!! :)

Mauri said...

Seriously reared up reading this! Can't believe Reagan is already so big! But so thankful she had a good day with a great teacher! And I know you will cherish your sweet time alone with Brooklyn!