Thursday, July 28, 2011

Heartbreak

I know, I know... two posts in one day!  But this needed a post because I might be just as heartbroken as Brooklyn is....
I took her paci away.
Well, actually, snipped the end off of it and told her it was broken.
And her world FELL. APART.
Mercy.
That girl is so sweet, and I absolutely HATED doing this to her!  Maybe that is why I waited so long... I knew it would make me so sad.  Because she's my baby.
She's crying... "Pa-see BO-KEN?!  WHYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?"
I rock her, tell her "It's ok.  You don't even need a paci; you're a big girl."
She replies, "Noooooooooooot yet!!  NOPE.  I bay-beeeeeeeeeeeeee!"
I promised her a Big Girl Prize tomorrow for going night-night without her paci.
She liked the idea... at first.
She is still crying in her bed.
We're both heartbroken.... :(

4 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

oh man! I dread this day on our end. my heartbreaks for B too! we started this week taking baby steps to no more paci--the 6 year old walking the mall inspired me to start now rather than later. :)

Natalie said...

Oh momma! Tears in 2 bedrooms last night, I'm sure.

The Speck family said...

What a sweetie pie she is ~ your girls are both just GORGEOUS! I have not checked your blog lately but am loving the updates and just want kiss Brooklyn's precious cheeks...surely one day I'll get to :).

Rachel said...

Poor baby. Sorry it was so traumatic. But I'm sure she'll get over it soon. She's a big girl!!