Friday, July 15, 2011

FIVE

July 6, 2006.  Changed me forever, SO much for the better.
I'm way overdue on this post, but we tend to drag out the birthday SOOOOO long, that I am (big shock) behind.  But my baby is FIVE.  Seriously.  That is just nuts.  Yesterday she was this little... then, I blinked. 
 Man, that sweet and sassy sure did show up early!  That picture says it all!  Ha!
 ~
Opening up her first-ever birthday present.  I love her expressions when opening presents.
 2nd birthay
 3rd birthday
4th birthday
5th birthday
~
This was one of our first Family Photos.  Gotta love the self-timer.  :)  It is just so hard for me to fathom that she was ever that little... but she'll always be my baby.
5 of the Million Things I Love About Reagan Noel:

1.  Her love of song.  She sings, literally, all day.  Her entire life is a song.  She composes her own music constantly and uses those songs to narrarate her life as she goes.  :)  But she also has a real taste for music.  She'll hear a song she loves and listen to it OVER AND OVER until she has it memorized.  Current favorites: several from the musical Wicked.  But tonight, she went to bed singing Lady Antebellum.  Random, and I love it.  I of course LOVE how much she loves to sing.

2.  Her spunk.  She is a strong willed and sassy little thing, but in the best way possible.  I could give countless details, but I'll leave it at that.  :)

3.  Reagan is very tenderhearted.  And she is a crier.  (no idea where she gets THAT?!)  Her tenderheartedness shows up most in her prayers and her love of her baby sister.  She is an AMAZING big sister, just loves Brooklyn so very much.  And she prays fervently for other people... my friends who are pregnant, a kid from school who got hurt, Brooklyn learning to talk... she really feels for people and takes it to the Lord consistently until she hears an answer.  I love this about her so much.  And NO ONE cries alone with her, ever since she was a baby.  You're sad, she is sad.  OR happy!!  She is a crier of happy-tears, for sure.  The other day, she was watching the Lion King 2 for the first time.  I go in there, and she is on her pillow with crocodile tears in her eyes.  I thought something was wrong... she says "No, just happy tears, Mom.  This part in this movie is just SO SWEET."  Her sweet heart warms mine.

4.  She has her Daddy's smarts.  Her little mind is a sponge, she is ridiculously observant, and NOTHING gets past her.  Plus, her little gears are always turning in her head, doesn't take anything at face value.  I look forward to seeing where she succeeds most in school... I see a future scientist in her, like her Daddy.  She wants to know how EVERYTHING works, and figures out stuff way faster than she should!  In addition, she also has a fantastic sense of humor, and already quite sarcastic.  Again, I see this in her intellect, like her Daddy.  And I love it.

5.  She likes to make cards.  That sounds dumb, but it is one of my favorite things about her.  Someone has a birthday, she makes a card.  Someone we know is sick, "Mommy, I can make them a card!"  Her friend moves away, she wants to send her a card.  Not only is she really artistic, and it is fun to see her creativity, but she thinks to do this to make people smile.  She loves to GET mail, so she also loves to send it.  And she knows it might make someone's day, so she makes cards.  Just tells me how God is working in her little heart, and I think she has a great ministry going!  :)  

Reagan, I could type forever.  Your Daddy and I love you so so very much, and we are blessed beyond measure that we get to cherish you as Ours.  This year holds so much change for you, and I am so excited to see all the plans God has for you unfold as you keep getting bigger and bigger.  I tease you that I need you to stop growing, and selfishly I wish you would!, but I don't really mean it.  Seeing God's plans for you unfold is the greatest treasure of my life.  I love you beyond words, Punkie!! 

1 comment:

Amber said...

Happy, Happy Birthday to your beauty!