Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Oh, My Sweet Reagan

Our vacation was fantastic! We had SO much fun, and the girls had the BEST time at Granddaddy and Grandmommy's! Reagan asked me if she can start asking God to get us a new house closer to their house (and Cassidee and Roselyn's!), and I say BY ALL MEANS!! I'll maybe post vaca pics later. But can I state for the record that the girls are presently, as I type this, playing in Reagan's room with the door shut. I was told politely to let them play by themselves. Seriously, warms my heart. Not that they don't want me in there, but that they love each other so much and now are starting to really play together. God has SO blessed our family!
~
My precious 3-almost-4-year-old has been cracking me up lately. Well, I guess she's been doing that her whole life! These first pics are out of order because I just snapped them 5 minutes ago. I'm sitting at the computer logging into blogger, and R pulls a stool in here (this is my view from the desk) and begins to sing to me.... dressed like this: Tutu and tiara. THEN she finishes her made-up song and asks me to "tell her how she sounded in her song, just like on American Idol."

Close up shot during her song... so you can see she is covered in pink and purple stamps.

This girl has discovered that it is WAY fun to spend money when you have it. She had some money saved in her bank, then she get a pretty decent stash from Easter egg hunts. So, we counted up her money (fun math lessons for Mommy involved there!), and headed to ToysRUs... because her money burns a SERIOUS hole.
She picked out a new Larry Boy dvd, and this Princess Tiana teaset. (do you remember her Princess and Frog obsession?!?! It still exists.)
Can you see the pure joy on her face?! It was so fun. We put B down for a nap, then had ourselves a REAL tea party, with real tea and cookies. AND some praise and worship music cds for embiance. :) The whole thing is plastic, the candles are fake, the frog salt and pepper shakers are fake, the cakes are fake. Now that I've used it, I realize even more that it isn't supposed to be used as a real tea set.... Everything has stickers on it that will eventually come off when I wash the cups. Oh well. We've had LOADS of fun already with it. I love having girls. :)
I've taken almost this exact picture probably 20 times in her life, but it is just so HER and typical of her day. The tiara, the beads, the shoes, the ponies....

Something about R.... she likes to put things INSIDE of other things. And I'm not talking about organizing, actually just the opposite. I will go open the zipper pouch that is supposed to hold color-wonder markers, and inside I will find one marker, B's paci, a battery, some Goldfish, two hair clippies, and her toothbrush. That is how she rolls. It can be EXHAUSTING trying to find something that is "missing" because who knows what she might have put it in?! David has to empty out his boots everyday before work because there is always SOMETHING inside. Crazy... B is picking up this habit too.
Anyways, here is her snack bowl that had strawberries in it... now holds all the coins to B's piggy bank. Typical.

Fun play on the coffee table.... she has a Pony in her shoe and built a fence of books around it. I had to remove the Larry Boy book to snap the pic.


This was also literally just a minute ago. Brooklyn wanted to play with her ball popping thing, but all the balls were missing. I looked and looked, and found them all stuffed in R's rainboot, along with a bendy-straw and a bead necklace.

What in the world are we gonna do with this girl?! :) Seriously, she is SUCH a delight... sunshine in my everyday. I pray daily that God continues to develop the spunk He put in her (she is and is going to be the BEST big sister for B!) and keep her seeking Him. Oh, Punkie, how I love you!

7 comments:

Tracy said...

haha....She is a little mess!!! (you know I mean that in a good way!) :) So cute and fun!!

She keeps you on your toes! :)

Meredith said...

You are too sweet! I love your pictures though!! I could not stop cracking up at Reagan and her body art she had going on. Oh these girls. They are messes aren't they! AND, I'm pretty sure if you looked in our rainboots around the house you could find at least one or two toys in the toe of each. Too funny!

Amber said...

I'm sure her singing was great, but I hope you at least were able to tell her that her "outfit" was fantastic!

Heather said...

Oh how I remember our tea parties. Memories...

coach handbags said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

that comes off along with the pretty little knickers underneath and we have nakey fun together

Anonymous said...

love her to take off her knickers and show me her beaver