Friday, December 04, 2009

She's Off to the Races!!

Well, maybe not racing speed yet, but we'll get there!!!

Brooklyn crawled for the first time today!! Un.Be.Lieve.Able. I have other stuff to post from today too, but we thought this major feat deserved a post all its own. :) I was getting out of the shower this morning, and she was playing on the floor in the bathroom while I got dressed. I look down and she just crawled like 6 "crawls" across the floor to get my makeup bag. I freaked out! David thought I was making it up, so I brought her in the living room, and we got this video! Obviously a crawling novice, but she is DOING IT! Talked to her therapist today, and she was floored. They never thought she would have enough hip strength to conventional crawl, one leg at a time. So, we've been working on "bunny hopping," where she could maybe pull both legs up at once, but she's never done that either. Well, she fooled us!!! We'll work on this some more, and who knows what she'll do next!!! She is just amazing. 21 pounds of answer to prayer! :) Cheryl, her therapist, said today, "yep, that girl is proof that prayer works!!!!!"

Update: that video was taken this morning, her second try ever. By tonight she is already WAY better at it. She is a rockstar!!!

15 comments:

Vesti said...

AMAZING!!! Again I say, I have tears for a child I've never met! I think I tell you that at every milestone she hits!

Thank you so much for the sweet note yesterday! It meant a lot to both of us!!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Standing O from Aunt Sue Sue! SOOOO PROUD OF YOU SWEET BROOKLYN!!!

ali said...

I AM SOOOOO PROUD OF YOU B!!!!

Marcia said...

brings tears to my eyes!! way to go B!!! Sweet girl!!

Sarah said...

Congrats to baby Brooklyn and Mom and Dad. It just thrills my heart to watch that video. Super awesome!

The Brown Family said...

Oh! My! Good! Ness! Miss Brooklyn is a total ROCKSTAR. This brought tears to my ears. What a story you guys have to share about God and the power of prayer through this little one. Thansk for sharing with us!

Tracy said...

Ah!! That just brings tears to my eyes!! Yea for her! We are all sooo proud! :)

Good job, B!

Ashley said...

PRECIOUS! Good job Big girl!

Amber said...

That's FANTASTIC!

Anonymous said...

God is so GOOD to us! Thank you Father for blessing sweet Brooklyn with such strength and courage and determination! She has just the right place to be Jodi, with you and David and Reagan! Love ya'll! Sallye xxxxxxooooo!

Alli said...

Yea Brooklyn! Way to go, sweet girl!

Unknown said...

She's an amazing little girl. Go Brooklyn!

Mandy said...

That is amazing Jodie! Prayer is a powerful thing!

Julie said...

Worthy of tears!!!

What a victory, I am thrilled for you guys!

Andrea said...

Adam reminds me so much of your dad. He was soo great when my kids were young, always flipping them!! He even called Zach is year for his 17th birthday, what a man!!! Congrats on Brooklyn, I am just in tears as I write this, WOW!!! God is soo good!!!