Wednesday, December 09, 2009

How Fast Can a Year Fly By?!?!?

Happy Birthday to our Miracle-Girl!!
Sweet Brooklyn Hope made her appearance a year ago today, and the gift of her life is something I can never thank God enough for. That song that says,
"We will use the words we know
To tell you what an Awesome God you are.
But words are not enough
To tell you of our love;
So listen to our hearts."
has been my song for today because He can only know how thankful I am for this girl by knowing my heart.... I can't put it into words. Spina Bifida has NOTHIN' on this girl! She is not only the sweetest-spirited baby you'll ever meet, but she is also a rockstar; and God has HUGE plans for her. She has already touched the lives of so many people (even before Dec. 9, 2008) and is living proof that God is living and active in the lives of people (even little people!) today. He hears our prayers, He answers them in His time and His way, and I can't wait to see what all He has planned for our little girl. I've been having lots of bittersweet "Mommy moments" today.... just can't help it.
Here is our little chunk o' love on Dec. 9, 2008 at 8:29am.
This was the first time I got to see her (I did get to hear her cry in the operating room, which was precious). Everyone there got to see her before me!! She came out with the hiccups, and was MAD.
This picture in particular is just scary-looking to me. And also amazing. Modern medicine, especially with infants, is extraordinary. But she sure did have a lot of stuff going on in that little bed!
Later in the day when I got to go visit her in her waterbed. :)
Reagan's first time to meet her, right after her first surgery. She loved her soft skin.

Right after surgery #2, with her cute little bum up in the air.

She was on pain meds most of the time in the hospital, so she slept most of the time. It was ALWAYS great to see those big eyes open! Especially once we knew she could see out of them! :)
Cuddle bug.

Her monthly pictures in her chair so we could watch her grow in pictures!
1 month
2 months smiley girl!


3 months
4 months
5 months
6 months
7 months (to me, she changed A LOT this month from 6)
8 months (officially a sitter... Look at that straight back!)
9 months

10 months
That's more like it!
11 months
I'll put her 12 month pic in tomorrow's Birthday Party Post, since we haven't taken it yet! Now that she is crawling, it is definitely a 2 man job. :)
And I can't say thank you enough to ALL friends, family, and even strangers who have loved on and prayed for our girl. I look so forward to the days when I can tell her all about it! We LOVE you all....

8 comments:

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Miracle Girl

Mauri said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Brooklyn! You are a precious miracle! For your sister's first birthday I left her a birthday blessing and want to offer one for you.

"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your heart through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."

Ephesians 3:16-19

Alli said...

Happy birthday, sweet girl! I've never met you, but I love you & you have touched my heart. Congratulations!

Stacia said...

Wow! It's been a year already?!?! Happy Birthday!! I've loved keeping up with all her development this year, she is just amazing and perfect in every way! Her pure joy just beams from her little face. So proud of her crawling!!

Brooks Family said...

tears of JOY is all i have to say!!

Julie said...

A very happy birthday, indeed!!!!

I am so impressed that you got a great shot of her smiley face every month! My kids are so not cooperative of sweet moments like that. Way to go Brooklyn!

Rachel said...

Happy belated birthday, precious girl. I love you so much I can hardly stand it! Especially since I never get to see you! You are such a blessing to your sweet mommy and your whole family and I cannot wait to see what the Lord has in store for you.

默默 said...

hi
first time write the comment to u,u don't know who are me,i also don't know ,haha...

i see u daughter so cute n pretty,houp u have a perfect family 4ever happiness

katherine...