Thursday, November 06, 2008

Random Reagan Pics and Brooklyn Update

Felt like I needed to put in some Reagan pics first, so here are a few random ones from the last week. She just cracks us up all the time! Here is her new favorite game that she and Daddy play each day when he gets home from work (she is usually sans pants.... doesn't want to nap in pants anymore!). She stands on his back...

...crawls up...
...sits on his head... ... then LAUNCHES herself off onto her Bob and Larry pillows! What could be more fun?!?! (I almost didn't put this one due to the laundry all over my couch. But hey, now you know that we have clean whites.)
Last Sat, the Isbells came over to play for awhile. The kids got to have big fun, enjoying the weather on the swing set. I love that they have so much fun together, and I love when she has a friend to ride this swing with!
Trick or Treating at Aunt Mary's house. This is the only house she actually went to... we spend the evening with family there. But, she really thought she was big stuff knocking on the door and saying "Twick or Tweat" as loudly as possible. So much fun in fact, that we closed the door and reenacted several times. So, that stood in place of going to multiple houses. :)
Her teacher gave me this picture today that she took at school last week. Gotta use the tongue out to concentrate on holding up that big ole backpack... or frontpack in this case. I LOVE this picture!
So, on to our latest with Brooklyn. We are humbled and beyond thankful for all the love, support, and prayers for our sweet girl. This is definitely one of those times in life where we know we are being "carried," so we are in debt to so many of you for lifting us up right now. Seriously, I know for a fact that is the only thing getting me through. It continues to be so hard, and David and I both are still struggling with how to find ways to deal with all this for the next few weeks and beyond, but we thank you beyond measure for walking this journey along side us.
~
Went to see my doctor this morning, and he took another peek at the sweet girl on ultrasound. We didn't learn too much today that we didn't already know, but I will list out what was discussed and boldly ask that each be a specific prayer for us. The list is long, unfortunately, so we appreciate it very much! (sorry if this is information overload, but many have asked, so here ya go.)
~
1. He agrees that B is missing a certain septum in her brain, which is what the MRI showed last week. This is evidently extremely rare (lucky us), and seems to be a separate issue from the spina bifida. The lack of this septum can cause extra swelling of ventricles that run along side the optic nerve, so it could be interfering with her sight. We BEG the LORD that this is not the case and that she can see perfectly. Dr Kirshon couldn't tell us percentages, but said it was a "wait and see" thing... it could be that her brain is completely unaffected. So, that prayer is HUGE.
~
2. He did say that her eyes are intact and he could even see her lenses, so that was good. Never knew to be questioning that, so of course we are thankful for that news! Scared me to death that it was even brought up!
~
3. The spina bifida is still there, nothing new to report on that. Her brain fluid involvement still seems to be minor, so there is a slight chance she could avoid a shunt. We pray for that!
~
4. At first, looking at her feet today, he thought there was some signs of club foot on her left foot. This floored me since all along that has not been the case. (Instant Mommy tears.) But then, he kept looking and looking and changed his mind... said it was just the way she was positioned at the time. THANK YOU LORD!
~
5. She weighs 5 lbs 3 oz presently, which is GREAT. Seems to be growing right on schedule, heart beating great, fetal breathing (whatever that is?) looks great, etc. All of these things are fabulous news! THANK YOU LORD!
~
6. He took a look at the ovarian cyst she has, and reassured us that it isn't too uncommon in female babies... not spina bifida babies, but all babies. Said it is a hormone thing, and that it is NOT to worry about at all. I was thrilled with this news! He told us that it shouldn't mean an additional surgery or anything, nor should it cause her any pain. That it will hopefully take care of itself and disappear. So, we pray for that for sure!
~
7. Her right kidney still looks swollen (he used a fancy medical word that I can't remember), so looks like she still has some bladder issues. We're ok with this, as many spina bifida kids have this difficulty, but of course we pray that this issue be taken from her as well!
~
8. Random... MY right kidney is swollen and having issues too. Guess that is what that pain in my back is!! Asked if I had history of kidney disease, which I don't, so it may just be a pregnancy issue. But, they will keep watching me for it before and after she is born to better tell what the problem is. We pray that it goes away quickly... I want to be focusing on HER and not any problems with me! Sorry doc, couldn't care less about my own kidneys right now!!
~
9. Csection is set for Dec 11... birthday!! Seems SO long from now, but he wants me to get to 39 weeks and get that sweet girl big and healthy. It is a long road of waiting until then, and after too, so we ask for peace of mind to get through the next 5 weeks. And for healthy pregnancy that will keep her in there until then! I am of course more and more uncomfortable everyday, which is fine, but that combined with my mental and emotional state is beating me down a bit.... I just needed to admit that. So prayers for me and for David... he has to deal with me!
~
Ok, that is all I can think of. It's certainly enough! Please please please continue your prayers for our sweet Brooklyn Hope. Poor baby, no child deserves to be facing any of this... but we know that God loves her and is knitting her little body together, and we will glorify Him no matter what! Thank you again and again and again for all the prayers. This is the hardest thing we have ever had to face, and we are thankful we are not alone. Love to all~
D, J, R, & B







26 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

love you guys to pieces!!!

I thought it was sweet that last week when we prayed for you guys in small group, one of the men prayed specifically for Reagan's transistion time. Talk about mascara running when I heard his sweet prayer for my sweet little friend Reagan.

Alli said...

Thanks for the detailed list....I printed it so I will know exactly what to say in my prayers and my church prayer group.

BTW, I loved seeing the laundry on your couch! Made me feel good knowing that I am not the only one with a couch with clean clothes. Hey, at least they are clean, right? Love you!

Stacia said...

Loved seeing your clean laundry too! Mine is currently in two (big enough for three) baskets on the couch to be folded tonight!! We are in full potty training mode with Jack and I can't keep up :-) Plus it is so my least favorite chore!

Thank you for sharing the list of things to pray for. Take care of yourself.

Tracy said...

oh goodness :) bob and larry pillows!! i can't let bryson see those!! :)
R is such a cutie pie!! i love her climbing game with daddy at night and i love the pic that her teacher sent you!

oh jodi, my jaw dropped when i started reading about the possible club foot! so glad to hear that it was just the way she had her foot positioned!! don't scare us like that, little B!
it sounds like you were able to walk away from the dr's appt with some good news...so for that, i am SO thankful!! we will continue to pray and pray for all of you!!!!!!

Judi said...

We continue to pray...a lot. For all the things you mentioned...for peace, courage, wisdom, strength for all of you! When I was your age, I always had clean laundry on the couch! Reagan is a cutie pie. We love you.

Alicia said...

Lots of info.... but yet, I feel like there was some good news in there! Some "peace" to some of the previous concerns.
Love the new pics too. So cute!

Hollie Reese said...

Reagan is getting so big! We are praying!! Let me know if you need anything! We are not too far away!

Amber said...

I love R in her little red t-shirt. I didn't even think about getting that in a child size. I cannot believe how long her hair is. Well, technically I can b/c I'd love to have her mommy's locks.

I'm glad that you made a specific list of things to pray for, Sage can add it to her tailbone.

We love you guys!

Mauri said...

Thanks for the specific list of things with B. I feel better knowing that we can at least go to the father on your behalf for all of this and more.

Reagan is as adorable as ever! It cracks me up that she jumps off david's head. How do they come up with this stuff?

Sending hugs to all!

Crystal said...

Isn't 2 1/4 the best age!!! We find ourselves cracking up at MiMi all the time...sassy mouth, crazy games, dancing (which most always involves shaking her booty & spinning herself to the ground)! So much fun!!

I'm so sorry that you are getting uncomfortable. I think it's part of the "Plan" to help us get used to not sleeping once the baby gets here! And thank you for the specific prayer requests for Brooklyn, you and David.

We're praying!!
~Crystal

Addison said...

We are praying that the Spirit fill you and David up with HIS Strength as you go thru this.
We love you!!!
Addison, Katie, Brady, Adam, and Christy

Andrea said...

Jodi,

Sounds like God is already answering our prayers. Praying for your family daily. My God's perfect peace surround you while you are going through this time. Love the pics, thanks for sharing. What a great way to keep in touch. We love you guys, Andrea Trout

Alli said...

What a good daddy to serve as a jungle gym for Reagan!

Thanks for the list of specifics. We'll be lifting you up in prayer. Love you LOTS!

Ashley said...

I have read your post several times of the past couple of days wondering what to post.

I love you and am praying for you daily.

Blake, Kenzie, Wyatt and Walker said...

Praying, Praying, Praying!

Kaylee called me the other night to get on the computer and read your blog. We cant get over how cute Reagan is! We think about your family daily!

Melissa said...

Jodi,
Alicia has been keeping me posted on most of this, but I just wanted you know how much we are praying for you and sweet Brooklyn. I pray that God gives you the best possible outcome for everyone.
Melissa Herzog (Murdaugh)

Amy said...

Jodi,
Wow, I've read this post several times. I know this "wait and see" time is so hard. Know that we are praying for you many times a day and for Brooklyn. I'm thankful that you got some good news but I know that there is still a long road ahead and your heart is heavy for what is to come. We're here for the long haul with you and are praying constantly. Love you!

The Pruetts said...

We are lifting your family up in prayers. Thanks for giving such a detailed update. You have many people that love you and are thinking and praying for you.

Gay said...

I love the trick or treating pic, the veggie tales pillows,the laundry on the couch (I remember those days!!) and YOU!!!!!

The Speck family said...

Praying, praying, praying as that sweet baby girl's birthdate nears. You all are loved! the Specks

Julie said...

Praying for all of those things!!!

Isn't it amazing that they can see the lenses of the eyes already? I am so floored by that. Truly there is a Master Hand involved in all of this, waiting to use little Brooklyn to tell a marvelous story out of tremendous uncertainty and unknown.

Amber Smith said...

Jodi-
We continue to lift your family and Brooklyn Hope up in our prayers. I know this is such a hard time for you guys. You are so loved and are being covered in so manys prayers. That is so powerful! Thanks for keeping us updated, so that our prayers can be more specific.

Connor, Kaylee, Tripp, Thatcher, and Truett said...

It was great to hear from you, and yes it is really cold here already.

You and your family are in our thoughts daily. We are praying!!!!

mommy to six J's said...

I am praying for you right now. I am also crying with you right now. You and your family our very strong your words encouraged me so much I am expecting in december too I am having a c-section on the 19th. I will keep your beautiful baby B in my prayers. I am praying right now for HIS healing on her body His miraculous healing for her. Love, Char

*Kendra* said...

It was fantastic to "see" yall last night. I can't wait to get a hug from sweet Reagan. Oh, I just want to eat her....I sooo can't wait to meet Brooklyn!

Krystal Cummins said...

"R" is super cute playing with her daddy and that pic of her at school...love it!

We will continue to pray for "B" as we have been. Sounds like you guys are dealing with things a little better considering everything you have to deal with. I'm sure that is God working through you all. I feel for you and your family so much and I just want you to know that that baby girl has some very special parents!!!!

Love to you all.