Monday, November 24, 2008

Gifts For Brooklyn

It is ONLY because so many wonderful people have asked me about this that I am even putting it on here. I feel kinda funny about it, but I have been told to do it anyways. So... on the right side of the page we've put a link to a gift registry for Brooklyn, to store her cord blood. Through lots of prayer and consideration, David and I decided that this is a great option for our family, especially considering all that Brooklyn has to face. I mean, how fabulous would it be if in the future doctors make a huge breakthrough and use cordblood stem cells to cure spina bifida!?!?!? Anyways, this medical option for her is quite expensive and has to be paid upfront. With all the other medical costs we see in our immediate future, well, it is a lot. But something that we are going to do regardless!!

Many many people have asked what they can do to help, and honestly, your love and prayers are the greatest gift you can give our family! How very blessed we are!!! But I am putting the link on here (until she is born, after that it doesn't work anymore) to answer the question "what else can I do to help?" Upon reading this, please feel no obligation to give to this registry. It's just that we have been asked so many times about what we need for our new addition, and this is now the best answer we have to give... especially since Reagan has volunteered to pass down all her baby stuff, we're set. :) Now, go about your other normal blog reading.

PS. We have also been already given some FABULOUS baby gifts... to those of you, we're pumped to have some new things for B. Just wanted to state that I'm beyond thankful for those much needed presents... and haven't forgotten about them!! :)

6 comments:

*Kendra* said...

I'm glad you did this! It's almost one of the most meaningful gifts someone could give you. Love, love, love yall and can't wait to meet that sweet baby!

Marcia said...

I am so happy you did this! I am honored to be able to contribute to this awesome gift!

Ashley said...

I am so glad you did this!

Unknown said...

Thank you for doing this to!! I Have been trying to think what coudl I do and this is the answer.....I pray for you every day at 11:00 since the 11th will be B d-day. Love you!

Alli said...

Love the idea! This gift will go much further than any bib or blanket will go...although I have a strong feeling Brookly will get something like that too. :) Love you!

Unknown said...

The second I cash my check I will happily donate. In the meantime... can we get some pics of mommy about to burst? I miss you being so far away!