Thursday, November 20, 2008

Brooklyn Update

Many have already asked about our appt yesterday... bless you all! Seriously, some of you are more on top of all this than I am! Anyways, we did have an ultrasound yesterday morning... got to see her sweet little face again. The doctor switches the machine over to a 4D picture when he gets to her face, so we got a few more pics printed of her. And she was making the funniest faces!! Squishing up her nose and lips just like Reagan used to when she was a newborn. I just wish I had similar ultrasound pics of Reagan so I could compare! Oh well. (I would scan in the pics, but they are in black and white and didn't turn out as good as some of the other ones.)

Anyways, she now weighs in at a whoppin' 6 pounds 7 oz!!!! Big girl growing like crazy! I'm so proud. She'll be good and hefty like Reagan when she is born, and that is great news for her. Also, he spent awhile showing us her fetal breathing. For all the non-medical folks, babies evidently breathe in amniotic fluid in the womb. It is practice for her lungs to work with real air later. Anyways, he said what she was doing was breathing GREAT and a really great sign of a thriving, healthy baby at this point. So there are no signs of distress, just a good sign of well-being. As Jaymie always says, seeing and hearing that from the doctor was one of those "little mercies" that God gave us yesterday. Positive news is SO welcome!! He also looked at her kidneys and said they looked "good", but didn't go into much detail about that, but hey... we'll take it!

As for me, my kidney looked hideous. Much more swollen and yuckier than last time. Which makes sense because it hurts much worse than two weeks ago! He still thinks this is just a weird pregnancy thing and that it will fix itself once we deliver B. He did tell me that he doesn't think it is doing any damage to my kidney, but if the pain got too terrible that they could go in... do a little surgery... and put in a "stint". Um, no thanks. I said I can deal with it... I mean, what is a little more discomfort at this point!? It is pretty crummy, but I can handle it for 3 more weeks I think. We'll see.

Ok, the big day is 3 weeks from today. Oh. My. Word. Thanks so much for the continued prayers!!

14 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

I am glad you were able to see Brooklyn and get good news yesterday. I know that made your heart soar.

I will be praying for comfort for you and the kidney-no fun! Can't wait to see that little one and watch God work in a mighty way in her life. We have all our peeps praying for the Beaver Fam!

Alli said...

Wow, just 3 weeks to go! so sorry about the kidney, I pray that it does fix itself quickly after sweet Brooklyn is born.

Sending hugs from afar!

Tracy said...

I'm sorry about your stinkin' kidney! I hope the dr is right and it just goes back to normal after B gets here...in 3 WEEKS!!

Glad to hear some good news about little sister!! I bet yall cannot wait to see her! :)

Alli said...

Praise God for a good report! I can't believe how big she is - that's awesome! Love you bunches!

Ashley said...

Glad you got some really good news and thankful that the next three weeks will fly by.

I love you and pray for you daily

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Y'all are so in our prayers. Your kidney, included.

Alicia said...

GREAT news.... aside from your weirdo kidney! :)

~*~Candice~*~ said...

I am so happy you got to see her again and THANK YOU JESUS for the great news!!!!!!!

I can relate to the kidneys.....mine acted up towards the end of my pregnancy. I had preeclampsia then at 37 weeks I got kidney stones and pyelonephritis....soooo not fun!! Maybe bad kidneys run in the family? lol

HUGS girl!!! 3 more weeks!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. We check frequently and pray even more frequently for y'all!
The Roesers

MereMoore said...

Ahhh, so glad you got to see her sweet face-I loved getting to see the fetal breathing too-so very reassuring!
Hang in there-you are almost there-hope the pain stays at bay! love you girl!!!

Amy said...

Jodi, I've been thinking about you and praying for you everyday. I know you must have mixed emotions right now as Brooklyn's big day grows closer. We are right here with you and will continue lifting you and your family up. I'm so glad that you guys had a positive dr.'s appt. the other day. Praying hard for you-Amy

P.S. I have something for you that I'm going to try to put in the mail this week so keep an eye out! Love you!

Mauri said...

So glad things are going well with B! I hope you start feeling better too! Y'all are constantly in our prayers. Love you!

Krystal Cummins said...

So glad you got some good news! We'll keep those prayers a flowin'

Unknown said...

Hi girl!!! I have been keeping up with your blog for a while. I just wanted to tell you that your family has been in our families thoughts and prayers! I am amazed at how strong Christ is keeping you through this. Brooklyn is so blessed to be coming into your family! I can't wait to see pics of Reagan meeting her baby sister!
-Jessica Boysen... (ummm... Rhodes)