Sunday, October 19, 2008

Reliving the Good Ole Days

This last Thursday was one of my favorite Thursdays in a long time. :)
My dear, sweet friend Tracy flew into town not just to see me and spend the night, but to go with me to the blessed New Kids on the Block concert. Tracy and I grew up together, and back in the junior high years, she and I and several others were quite fond of NKOTB. To say Tracy was quite fond if the understatement of the century!! So, upon hearing about the reunion tour (God bless them!), we decided to get tickets to the Dallas concert. But I ended up having to sell mine since Brooklyn and I are grounded to Houston. BUT.... Tracy refused to let me miss it! So, she bought us tickets and flew down here to go with me! True friendship, people!!! Although, she admits it wasn't really sacrifice for her. It ended up being the first of 3 concerts she is attending!!! :) Awesome.
And let me tell all you doubters out there that these boys are good! Seriously! It was a great show, and they sounded fabulous! And Tracy surprised me... she originally lied to me about where our tickets were, so I was SHOCKED to find our seats in the middle of the 13th row!!! Can't even BEGIN to tell how great the seats were. And you'll be able to tell from these pics that Tracy also has a fabulous camera. She took all these pics, which totally outdid the ones I took, so I'm posting hers.
Joe is still such the cutie.

This one is pretty dark, but you can see Donnie in the back, which was the point. This pic doesn't do justice at all to our great seats, though!
And yes, our boys can still dance! Even pushing 40!

Unfortunately, they found the need for dancing girls in the background. So not necessary.



Thank you Tracy SO MUCH for coming down and going with me. HUGE thank you to hubby Jerrod too!! (And see her blog for more pics.) I haven't had so much fun in ages!!! Sounds sad, but it was so fun!! We screamed like we did back when we were 13. Brooklyn didn't know WHAT to think probably!!! Oh, and Aric will appreciate this... right as they came out, Tracy pulls out her phone and texts Jerrod one word... "BAR!" He wrote back simply, "You're a dork." Made me laugh. Yes, we were dorky, but it was so fun. You can find it on youtube, ladies, if you didn't get to go to the show!! :)


11 comments:

Tracy said...

You are SO very welcome :) I had so much fun!!! Anytime you need/want a buddy to go to the New Kids concert with you, just give me a call!

We really did have so much fun, didn't we!?!?!! :)

Ashley said...

Oh, I am so jealous. Your post made my heart race. Wow. NKOTB can still fire me up.
Glad you had so much fun!

Unknown said...

Its like the Rolling Stones, they're going to be out there with walkers! If I had known you went I so would have hassled you Sunday.

Melissa Taylor said...

Wow - I was in love with them! How fun for you to be able to get to do that. I'm glad you had a great time and such a great friend.

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

what a fun adventure! I am jealous love the NKTOB

And yes you girls are dorks but that is why I love you both!

Amber said...

I had no idea that she came down to you b/c you were grounded. How incredibly sweet! I'm so glad that you got to go!

Kara said...

I just happened on your blog and I am going to the NKOTB concert tomorrow night in Milwaukee! I live in Bloomington, Indiana. I completely feel like I am 9 all over again!!!! I can't wait! I will have pics on my blog as soon as we get back! www.thegolishfamily.blogspot.com

*Kendra* said...

Glad yall had fun! Good treat for you!

Amber Smith said...

SO jealous! What a great friend! Still keeping you guys in our prayers...

Marcia said...

What a neat friend to do that for you!! Looks like you guys had a great time! Love the pumpkin painting pics too! Miss ya

Unknown said...

SHUT UP!!! You were SO close... I was in the nose-bleed section here in Dallas. Still... best concert I have been to in a good while! I dare to say NKOTB is better live at 40 than on my tapes and 20! :)